Factors that determine Boarding time for Remote Stands?

Hey @Olof and @Fredrik,

I would be interested to know the factors that determine the boarding start time for remote stands. To me it is a mystery, why the turnaround is increased to 4:45h for remote stands, but the boarding starts so late, that even if all passengers and staff are at the gate on time and the way to the remote stand is relatively short, busses barely even arrive at the stand before off-block time. You could set the turnaround time to 8 hours and still flights wouldn’t leave on time.

Thanks and regards

This would be interesting to know. One fairly minor improvement I think would improve this process is the use of dual stairs on medium aircraft. Granted I haven’t logged on for a few weeks so may have missed this, but the last time I played this wasn’t a possibility.

In most places around the world now, when say an A320 or A319 is on stand, most of them are served by front and rear stairs unless they are on a Jetway. Having a front and rear staircase to me feels like a no brainer to mimic life like behaviour and improve the boarding process. @Olof is this being planned?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.