Feedback and whishes about new feature "employee skills affect speed"

Hi folks,

referring to this new feature I want to give some feedback to devs, especially as if I think about future development of this feature:

[ACEO-6182 ] - Enable security staff employee skill to affect time of passenger processing in security checkpoints

First of all I’m looking forward to full implementation of this feature, as staff is IRL (and imo in any good management simulation, too) an important task. On the one hand quality of services depends on staff quality and on the other hand good staff is expensive and employee costs are a significant cost factor for any service operator.

So the first step, adding it for security staff is promising, but my experience, for now, is:

1. I can see that crowds waiting for security check are very different. Some checkpoints are crowded as hell, some are nearly empty. I was not able to connect this to security staff efficency, for now. For me it looks more then a strange pathfinding issue… So my question to devs: Can you give us any idea about how big affect on processing time is? Is it really as efficency-factor on checkpoint tells us? Or is there any complex calculation behind? What’s the formula? :wink:

2. Managing security employees is a horror, now. Panel gives no overview, no possibility to sort security-staff by skills.

3. As hiring staff was too simple, for now, it just became a horrible task for security staff.

So I kindly ask you to not spreading out this feature to any other employees group before staff panel has improved:

I really would like to have:
-“list view”:
all this pics are nice, but if I want to see who are my best or most expensive employees I do not need to see their faces. I need to see salary and skills. nothing else, for now. Perhaps later hiring date, training abilities, aso are interesting, depending on how this develops.
-sorting:
It is necessary to be able to sort staff, at least by salary, for now, in the future by single (or combined) skills, too. As I suppose there will be different skills needed for different job tasks or something similar…

Furthermore there needs to be added any automation for hiring staff. E.g. hiring 120 security staff persons with “only green, maximum one orange skill-bar” takes ages of doing a stupid simple task:
Reject 4 applications, hire one person, wait.

There already have been some nice ideas from the community.
I would prefer a function for my HR-Manager to tell him something like “Please hire 30 security staff with minimum skill-level of 80% on every skill”.
So it needs a HR-Manager panel where I can make various settings for all of the different staff types and skills. And, for economic challenging airports, there should be an option about salary, too, like “not more expensive than XY €”, or similar…

So I’d like to see what community thinks about this, and of course if devs could answer and inform us a little more about their plans about that feature…

Chers,
Chris

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.