Flight Diversion

Feature request title:
Flight divertion after not being able to land

Description:
In real life all flight plans contain at least 1 alternative airport. These flights begin with enough fuel for the destination + alternative + contigency. A plane will try to land at an airport a few times until the crew decides they have to proceed to their alternative airport.

If there is a problem at the airport, such as a emergency, bad weather, not enough parking spots (overcrowding), etc… the cew may decide to proceed directly to the alternative without even trying to land.

Why it should be implemented:
Sometimes, if a problem occurs in airpot CEO (if it takes too long for all services to be provided to an airplane), a gate may be occupied for hours, and the subsequent plane scheduled for that stand will keep trying to land indefinitely. I’ve seen it happen for as long as 4 in game hours, which is not very realistic.

I’ve provided a somewhat detailed description, however, operationally in the game it would just dismiss an awaiting flight after a set time.

I think it will be coming in Alpha 36 when you don’t have instrumental systems like CAT I, II, III approach lights etc

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.