Flight Planner - Drag and drop “Available Slot” or Create Templates
- Ability to plan ahead, maybe drag and drop “Availability slot” onto the planner, which is then available for the automation to make use of as and when flights are offered.
- Could be made available in line with existing achievements and unlocking of night flying and employing relevant exec.
- Create availability slots that recur everyday of week if wish. It will repeat across the 7 days, and if you move one, it will move them all. If a flight is already using it, the flight will move with it.
Why should it be implemented
- Realistic, without over complicating the existing method - this is almost exactly how real world airports operate (though their emphasis is on runway slots, though some do have terminal restrictions as a secondary method too)
- Indirectly manage our runway slots - although it wouldn’t be specific to the runways, it would serve that purpose relatively easily without complicating things further.
- Bridge the gap between too many stands to manually manage, and not enough staggering by the automation - The automation is a hero, but we’ve all I’m sure noticed that if you have any more than 5-10 stands you start to see multiple flights with the same slot on the planner and delays are unavoidable. But it is also too much to manually control.
- Dropping in a Recurring availability slot would be amazing to then quickly and effectively, fix any bottleneck and crowding issues at a certain time of day, maybe the CEO needs to work on disrupting the flights out around that time, maybe extend the hours into the night!
- Customise how your airport utilises it’s stands, or the number of night flights that are possible.
Welcome any feedback on this idea