For those of you who are struggling with baggage!

Yeah but you have to pass through a checkpoint every time…

Though the manually defining it is a bit silly as you can then make something fundamentally insecure think it’s secure…

So you’re stuck within a predefined game element just because? Great.

That means my entire airport design is now completely useless becasue I have no way to connect one secured area to another.

I don’t see the issue…? Just stick a door between the baggage claim and the cargo bay room and make sure it’s all marked as insecure (and potentially staff only too) (Also need to build roads to both sides of the cargo bay).

1 Like

How to solve this issue?
The belts keep getting in the wrong direction and do not make the smooth turns!
I deleted all surrounding belts, there are no underground belts and yes, I rotated them before placing.

The straight there looks really strange, I know there are issues with the rotations but it should only affect the sprites, under the hood it should have the correct rotations. The straight in the lower picture, is it like that when you load the game?

I also have such issue (The belt point at wrong direction)
But when I demolish the belt and reload the save, everything is normal again

I`ve send in a bug report with the savegame. I noticed that my previous belt system is still underneath there. You can’t see it, but if you follow the bags, the still seem to follow the old path. There is no new path generated, only the graphics of one.

Now i’ve read your comment.
After reloading the visuals are all good now.
But now the baggage stays at the check in desk, they are stuck.
Also the old baggage on the bay, with no destination is stuck, cant remove them.

Help!

The baggage system is sooooo messed up!

1 Like

Hey guys. How to toggle Underground building?

Same problem as mine,had that to in the part where the old path was.try reloading the game,but that busted my entire baggage system,but it looked nice:roll_eyes:

@nastygamer

Toggle underground by floating on the icon, there you can choose. You cannot really see it,only the arrows. You also cannot go underneath one another or make them in line,strange magic occurs.

It’s because they’re not really underground, they just have no sprite and slightly different collision options.

My ramp agents don’t work. They seem to rest in Staff room. Shud I try giving them Red Bull?
But srsly… there is a bug where they just don’t recognize the bay and or I think cannot find a path there.

Checked the zoning?

The AI won’t path unless its connected secure to secure.

How do you get more trailers for your service trucks ?

Not,they are automatically assigned by the amount of baggage.

Something seriously broken… only the Baggage thing thinks it isn’t connected…
Rest thinks it is. Baggage system as it stands is unusable unfortunately.

1 Like

No problems at all with bags here, just sometimes the baggage reclaim is full with bags and people are standing on it but no one takes any bags away which stalls the whole process.

My first airport setup which works great:

3 Likes

There are secure and unsecured sections of terminals all over the world. Passing from secured to unsecured and back to secured is done with a simple swipe of a key badge. Look @Alex design. He’s got his cargo bay slammed smack into the PDE section of the terminal, which is basically what you have to do in order to get it working. In reality however, most baggage sections are located off-site or underground below the terminal with flow focused on the inner section of the ramp.

It’s obvious it was done the way it was done in ACEO is to simplify AI pathing issues. Stop attempting to justify a flawed game-play mechanic implemented by the developers for game purposes as realistic.