For those of you who are struggling with baggage!

Never said it was unsecured.

And no.

Draw a baggage room around your baggage pick up belt. Then click on it and use the. Connect to baggage bay button.

This happended to me also 1 time, forgot to post a bugreport but the scenario was as follows

had a belt already build, Removed this one and then adjacent to that made a new belt, somehow the old belt still had some information laying around and when i built the new belt it wanted to be connected to the old removed belt

Do you have found the problem of this issue yet?

Which of the problems do you mean? (sorry, are working on a few of them at the moment so difficult to keep track of the details)

The reason why it keeps connecting to the delete belt, which for some reason is still there, the graphics start to act strange and the new belt not working?

Uh Can u help me with it? I checked the zoningā€¦ I mean my Staff office is in Unsecure zone. And so is the Baggage Bay. Am i doing something wrong?

Edit: Oops sorry for pinging you. You were replying someone else.
But can u help me?
I have a baggage Bay and also hired Ramp Agents. But they never go to work. They both are in Unsecure zone. Am I missing something

Edit2: Also the Baggage connections are all good. No red signs.

Check to make sure that the exact same zone type extends through all doorways and passageways between the two parts and for every change in secure zone type there is the appopriate security entrance/exit.

2 Likes

Am I the only one that didnā€™t have any issues with baggage system since day 1?

2 Likes

Only possible reason is a lack of ambition :wink:

2 Likes

Yes. I think soā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

or proper planning

Following one of the updates I have made a working versionā€¦ BUT

The current setup (I guess coding related) is seriously restricted. If you look at a modern terminal it is not desk per stand but desks per airline. Those desks check everyone. The bag processing belt is allocated adhoc by the airport to serve any/all stands, True, it relies upon competent ramp staff to correctly sort bags. Truth is somewhere like LBA last time I went airside (2-3 months) 20 check in-desks, 4 carousels, 4 bag terminalsā€¦ 25-30 standsā€¦ they are not individual any moreā€¦ economy of scale. And donā€™t get me started on Manchesterā€¦

My baggage experiment finally workedā€¦ However my passengers leave via the secure exit, then say they canā€™t get to their bagsā€¦ Why are they not stopping at the baggage belt BEFORE they go??? Help please :slight_smile:

Bags from their flight probably have not arrived before they exit secure. I thought the game required bag claim in non-secure anyway unless Iā€™m mistaken or it was changed.

2 Likes

You can dezone the secure area and put a bagage claim there. I did it.

2 Likes

@4B54 look closer. The security exit has a door in the wall. Otherwise it wouldnā€™t allow it.

I thought the baggage area was required as secure?

So I should unsecure baggage area, then move the exits to the top wall into the baggage area? Iā€™ll try it.

The secure versus unsecured baggage area debate was active a while ago and still is. It seems to be quite different for different airport layouts depending on country and so forth so weā€™ll bring this with us as we move ahead.

3 Likes

Domestic baggage claims in North America tend to be in unsecure areas of the terminal. For flights arriving from international destinations without preclearence, these tend to be in a secure area.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s our perception as well and there are actually preparations in place for domestic and international baggage claim areas, itā€™s just that itā€™s disabled for now since the game is complicated enough.

4 Likes