For those of you who are struggling with baggage!

No matter what I do, the ramp workers won’t go to the bay, and it is flashing red too. The error message relates to a security problem.

I had this problem on my previous game with the baggage bay separated from the secure terminal, but somehow I managed to make it work with an added security check point on the entrance to the bay area (absolutely no sense in that).

In my current game, I made the baggage bay room inside the building just to avoid this problem - however this backfired as now I failed in all my attempts to make the ramp agents get there. You can see in the pic I even tried to put an insecure zone in the middle, with security checkpoints and one way exits to emulate what I had last game, but alas - the ramp employees (bright green shirt) can get as far as the security checkpoint of the bay, but no further than that.

I have no other security issues with gates, stands etc.
please help.

Looks like the doors on the baggage terminal are not marked secure, see if that fixes it.

1 Like

i tried that, didn’t help… thanks tho

it’s really quite ridiculous - the baggage bay is inside my contingent secure zone. I shouldn’t need security checkpoints and exits. It should simply be reachable, but it’s’ not.

The underlying Problem is that the baggage bay itself is not marked as secure zone. Solution proposal attached below :wink:

2 Likes

I keep getting this error all though everything is in a secure zone and all stands, baggage claim areas and check in desks are connected to the cargo bay and it won’t activate

Sorry can’t tell from the screenshot, but what about the service road?

1 Like

indeed! it wouldnt let me mark it - I had to rebuild it to mark. Now it works!

1 Like

The service road was secured to the only thing I can think of is I left the back wall open so trucks could just drive up instead off adding doors for them to go in could that have been an issue?

Actually was talking about the baggage bay being connected to a service road at all, but if it is set as secure, even better :smiley: No I use the same technique so this shouldn’t be an issue

1 Like

Yep the baggage bay is right on the service road it’s still not working I’m tearing my hair out with it metaphoricaly speaking.

You know you can just save a screenshot on steam? That may be easier to see than a pic from your phone

No I didn’t I’ll try that thank you

Problem solved after fiddling a little more thanks for the suggestions

No problem

Ever since I got baggage claim to work now the people won’t go through my security check points to the boarding areas

Here is my issue. I know this is all blown out but it shows my areas so maybe can find the problem. The baggage trays all work but still can’t get the workers to come. My security officer can get in there as well. I can’t even get the baggage people to enter the airport. They are all sitting at the far bottom right next to a car drop off. Is it cause my trays are too far away from everything else. I even put a sidewalk from the outside all the way to it with a small security set to employees only right in the halway next to the tray room and still nothing. Any suggestions would be appreciated

As far as I can see the two doors connecting the main Terminal with the Baggage Bay are are not set as secure :wink:

The two doors inside your secure area are not cross hatched so they are not zoned as secure. You need to zone those doors secure and it would work.

This is the single biggest mistake people make, not zoning the walls too so when you put a door in it is already zoned

Thank you! Couldnt believe it was that simple…

Anyone else doing a little victory dance when his bagage systems are fully functional? :wink:

1 Like