FORUM GAME: Aviation Trivia!

King Fahd International Airport…:smiley: Never heard of it.

1 Like

Bonus question: how much percent of that area is actually in use?

1 Like

Roughly 5%

1 Like

yeah, crazy isn’t it?

1 Like

What the hell do they do with 95%?? I’ll make another burj khalifa, all for me.:grin:

2 Likes

You want to put another burj Khalifa next to an airport? Good job you’re not a real airport ceo!

4 Likes

Well, the Burj Khalifa is just 8 km as-the-crow-flies from DXB. Considering the space anshu has in those 95% of 700 km², he’ll find a nice place further away than that for his own Burj. :smiley:

1 Like

What I don’t understand is actually living in your own Burji if:

1. It’ll be awfully lonely
  2. It won’t be special after a while
1 Like

I don’t know about the first 2, but having been recently in the elevator going up to the viewing platform: 30 seconds is more likely. Not much wasted time here. :astonished:

1 Like

Who’s next? Ask away.

1 Like

That’s correct.

1 Like

Who said I’ll be alone?? I’ll sell some floors, open a company, set up it HQ inside, along with school and Hotel :money_mouth_face:

Edit: Just checked it out: 6million USD MINIMUM for 1floor. :upside_down_face: More than enough for me but I expected more.

Edit: Decided, I’ll sell 100 floors. And rent other 20. So I’ll have 600million and a steady income. And of course I’ll open my company and earn billions. I’ll have 43 floors for myself and my company. I’ll use the remaining money for buying land and making monuments and tourist attractions.:money_mouth_face:

Edit: I’ll buy the nearby airport and become a real Airport CEO…:money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

5 Likes

Lol…everyone ignore the above post :joy: I don’t have 1.5 Billion for construction.:relieved:

4 Likes

Another easy one then: Why does the food on an airplane taste different?

1 Like

@pderuiter, the air pressure and the dryness of air planes (10% dryer than most deserts)
reduces your sense of saltiness and sweetness. Also, the dry and not fresh air bin the cabin reduces our sense of smell, which is very important for tasting (80% of taste is from smell!)

3 Likes

I got one-
What airport was entirely built on water?

1 Like

Osaka Kansai International (KIX) I think

1 Like

Correct! I believe it’s just kansai international though.

1 Like

You could swim that distance for free! Why do you need to spend 30 bucks on a plane? Better yet, build a bridge.

1 Like

Papa Westray has just 90 people on the island, it’s not economically viable to build a 1.7 mile bridge to serve this tiny population. More importantly, there is also a ferry to the island (usually operating a few times a day), and the flight isn’t just a short hop between Westray and Papa Westray, but goes to and from Kirkwall as well (and occasionally some of the other islands). Most people will probably be going to or from Kirkwall rather than just doing the short island hop.

1 Like