FORUM GAME: Aviation Trivia!

Oh, look at that scam! … :rage:

I am pretty sure Frankfurt has a dentist, too. On the grounds of the airport. :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Not to be rude, I don’t think this was a good question. :sob: It seems as if many airports have dentists.
However, it is interesting to see how many airports have dentists.

1 Like

Lol i tend to agree with you.
It does make it an excellent question again because today i learned :wink:
I had the sao paulo airport

1 Like

I am gonna ask one…
What caused American Airlines to save 40,000$ in 1987?

1 Like

Did they choose not to paint their whole fuselage, thus saving money on paint and fuel?

1 Like

they stopped putting magazines in airplanes?

1 Like

Aircraft are painted because it protects the skin from the elements, so that probably wouldn’t save money compared to the increased maintenance costs…

1 Like

I was under the impression that AA specifically didn’t paint their aircraft entirely (hence they looked like bare metal), I presume they must have treated the fuselage in some way to prevent damage. There’s a few sentences about it on the American Airlines Wikipedia article (I can’t link it just now as I’m on a rail replacement bus service but I’ll try and add a link if/when I get home).

That said, now that I’ve seen the article I don’t think this was as late as 1987 so it’s probably not right anyway.

2 Likes

No, No, and No. Tough, huh? :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Looked it up. They eliminated 1 olive from each salad served

4 Likes

Interesting way of saving money, lol.

2 Likes

More fun: AA thinks they can save $1.2M on fuel… by removing the pilot manual books and putting them on iPads…

3 Likes

what base is a ballistic missile test site and missile range in the Hawaiian islands. sorryif its simple

1 Like

Barking Sands.

On the topic of military: What airport shares its runway with a military installation, where spy planes were produced

2 Likes

Area 51?? The most famous airbase.

1 Like

Its famous, but afaik it doesnt share a runway with a civilian airport

1 Like

It actually does, if you consider JANET using McCarran Las Vegas Airport, taking the employees from McCarran to Groom Lake.

1 Like

Ok, both were correct. They saved 40 grand by removing 1 olive from each class served in first class. And the second thing @pderuiter gave is right too! Good luck with that AA… :unamused:

2 Likes

I was talking about plant 42… :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes
Barking sands also @NastyGamer said on the hawaiian islands

1 Like