FORUM GAME: Aviation Trivia!

Ushuaia airport? Not sure tho

Edit: Ok now i am sure… Hail Wikipedia!!!

1 Like

Yes that’s the one. The wiki-fu is strong in you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Same here, I do everything on wikipedia :joy:

2 Likes

Okay then answer me this: what real world airline is my contest entry based on? Not talking about the colors :slight_smile: the fleet should give it away i think. And the name. Sorta

1 Like

You expect me to search for your post in the Airline Contest thread?? Too much dude, too much.

1 Like

However i did the search for your post (thank me) and here’s my answer:
Emirates. C’mon that was too easy. My ‘brain’ worked it out.

1 Like

Lol. Sigh. Thanks for the trouble :slight_smile: you are of course correct.

1 Like

What pilot was the first to suffer a passenger fatality?

1 Like

Orville Wright?

1 Like

Correct. Your turn.

1 Like

Who was the first to complete a transatlantic flight in a heavier-than-air aircraft?

1 Like

Charles Lindbergh in the spirit of Saint Louis?
edit: spelling

1 Like

wait that’s wrong, Charles Lindbergh was the first solo pilot to cross the Atlantic, the real first were John Alcock and Arthur Brown

2 Likes

So, you’ve got to work out which way the wind was on that day, and therefore by calculating the yaw of the aircraft work out which person technically arrived first :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

don’t need to, Alcock was the pilot, so he had done the flying. I think that he is the first to “complete” a transatlantic flight in a heavier-than-air aircraft

1 Like

You’re correct! @Bigbigcheese can you show us how to calculate it?? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Probably just track - heading :stuck_out_tongue:
If positive then right hand seat first, if negative left hand seat first?

1 Like

So who got there first?? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What is the longest non-stop commercial flight today? Which airline fly’s the route, and from what two destinations?

qatar airlines with a 777-200lr between doha and auckland