FORUM GAME: Aviation Trivia!

Is it because its mainly used for the military

1 Like

Not specific enough.

1 Like

Because it was a former B47 base

1 Like

Correct! What question do you have in store for us?

1 Like

Yes zzed_41 now its your turn to ask the question to try to stump us.

1 Like

If you want to do a trivia question for us please post soon, but if you don’t then I have another question ready to go.

1 Like

Hi sorry had choppy net connection the past few days.

With a recently extended runway, this airport that is the nearest gateway to a well known beach can now handle narrow body jets on a regular basis, as compared to the past where ATR’s and Dash-8’s were the norm. It is also known to have a very low approach, passing a road just on the threshold of the runway.

1 Like

Isn’t it the St. Marten airport??

EDIT: Sorry for my spelling. St. Maarten Airport

1 Like

oh shoot, I know this one but I forget the name of the airport and where exactly it is.

1 Like

I thought this as well, but i couldn’t find any news of its runway being extended, and as far as i know it can already handle bigger aircraft (KLM flew 747-400s up until the end of October this year)

1 Like

Are you talking about Godofredo P. Ramos Airport in the Phillipines?

1 Like

Yep, you got it! More well known as Caticlan Airport, it’s the gateway to Boracay. Over to you!

1 Like

Wait, who got this one?

1 Like

yes who got the question right?

1 Like

@pderuiter Got it. Looked up the Caticlan Airport information, and the name he gave comes up! Awesome job!

1 Like

Ok then Bring on the question

1 Like

What airline has the shortest commercial flight in the world?

1 Like

Founded It online, does that count?

The world’s shortest commercial flight takes place between the two Orkney Islands, Westray and Papa Westray, just north of Scotland, separated by a distance of only 1.7 miles. Operated by Loganair, the flight duration is officially two minutes, but under ideal wind condition can be completed in only 47 seconds. Tickets are priced at about $30p

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: DevLog Christmas Break

I believe that Guusje2 is correct. That’s my answer anyway.

1 Like