Franchises

For the shops, they are as you would just expect and configured like everything else.

The products, they have to go into the products directory.

Yes it is as you say, but how to add prdoct pictures and how they have to look? Also the json? I get empty shelfs still

So for now, products are about 64px square. The shop sprite system is due a overhaul though according to Trello.

I’m a bit single handed at the moment as right in the middle of an OS upgrade so don’t have everything yet fully re installed.

Will try this out, so when the image is to big, i is not loading then? Thank you

Steam mods working same i suppose?

It will load, will look very big on the shop retail stand.

Have not tried steam mods. Local only.

Directly in steam folder or in native mod folder? Will test thank you

My path in image above. I was specific to capture that deliberately. :slight_smile:

The PNG and reference in the JSON file to the PNG are wrong too as I was doing other tests as well with those files. They should be the same obviously.

1 Like

I tried a lot with all of your suggestions and yes it is working but, and this is the breaking point, it ONLY works when you use the orginal steam files and adjust them, but when it is inside the Mod Folder (on a Windows PC) it never will load anything…

So, here is what i did on my Windows PC:

• Adjust the files in my %appdata%\Apoapsis Studios\Airport CEO\Mods\Shop Test\Products\Shop

This not working

• i then look at the files on C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Airport CEO\Airport CEO_Data\DataFiles\Products\default and saw there there are to different jsons, on is directly inside that folder: products.json and then there is also a shop folder… i later look at the 2 json Files and saw that the default Business are loading from the Products.json and not from the ShopProducts.json under Shop

• I go back to my Mod Folder and try to build the same there, but that wasn’t working…

• i copied the shop to the local files on C:\ and put my testimage and the code inside the products.json of the orginal products.json file on c:

and now comes magic, it is working

But i need to say, that can only work local and also only when there is no update of that files from the ACEO… so, at the end, in my eyes, it is a small bug that products are not loading correctly from MOD Folders…

I report a Bug: ACEO-17952

An other interesting thing i saw is, the Product Files are important, if you don’t have them, passengers get stuck… but, whatever you have inside a json file, customers allways pay 1$
(i noticed this on Food)

My Json, there is no 1$ item inside

and a customer walks away

I have the same problem as @dawed in the post before.

I’ve tried to mod a food franchise and every thing wents fine if I use products from the official product list.
When I use my own product list or a list from another mod, every thing cost 1$.

Does someone have a solution for that or should just use the original products? At the moment I don’t see the point to write a product list if every thing is 1$.

Try to have products on your franchise mod included… Look at steam at my Venezuelan products mod, there is a small description what to look at… Or my Venezuelan brands, this is complete… You can subscribe and then copy from workshop folder to native folder

Thank you, for your help.
I checked it with one your Venezuelan food franchise, I think it was Avila, if a customer buys something there appears always 1$ above the customer but when I check the rent and sales revenue there are different amounts added. The same as with my food franchise mod, so they work both right but there is some thing wrong with the sell animation.
At the moment I’m not sure if a do the work for a food products list, because nobody sees if the burger stand sells sushi or burger or I do a list with products like 1$, 2$, …

yeah on food franchises it doesn’t matter at the moment…
but maybe on next update i am not sure?
i did the productlist because shops and foods have somethime the same product (like local beer)