Fuel for Service Vehicles/ Ground Equipment

I will be the first to point out that this feature is for the future after a full array of service vehicles has been implemented. Push back trucks, catering trucks, maintenance vehicles, shuttle busses to remote stands, etc in addition to the baggage and fuel trucks.
At that point, I would like for added depth having a separate depot for Diesel for fuelling these vehicles. Just an added layer as you have to make sure your vehicles do not run dry and neither does your depot (obviously, you would be able to set automatic refuelling limits, that is vehicles automatically refuel when they reach a certain percent). Additionally, the depot automatically sends a refuelling request to the supplier if a contract is active, else you get a notification.

And for even further down the line, to be able to replace petroleum powered vehicles with electric vehicles (more expensive) either to offset the fuel cost or to obtain grants/awards like Green Certificate for reducing emissions, etc.

8 Likes

Adding a fuel depot for the service vehicle and making them visit it regularly sounds pretty realistic. And perhaps it’s not even so difficult to add.

Like the idea!

2 Likes

I also like this idea and creates more in-depth realism to the game.

1 Like

I like the idea, but as stated I think it should be added further down the line. It will add some cool depth when implemented tho!

1 Like

this is a wonderful idea, devs take note please :wink:

1 Like

I’d definitely like to see this as well. Even if it was abstracted to a hidden tank at the depot that refills the vehicles every time they return to it and we just need a contract to keep it full.

1 Like

I like that. Maintenance and refuelling happen in the vehicle depot. If the vehicles have not been there in a long time, their health and fuel will eventually run out.
Diesel fuel level can be shown in vehicle depot UI itself.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.