Future of the Game

Hey all, my idea is very far fetched, but also not.

Don’t get me wrong, the game is great… but after purchasing the game in 2017, I’ve been through loads of airports, and to be honest; there isn’t much left to do.

Problem

As a fan and longtime player of rollercoaster tycoon, I have realised both games are fundamentally similar. Build your park (airport) expand: until you can’t anymore, or until your computer can’t run the save anymore. So you build another save, right? Over, and over… I know this game’s main complaint is the limit of hours before the game becomes boring, and when you go onto the steam reviews it’s very off putting seeing those poor ratings.

Idea

Like RCT, the game should implement a kind of career mode, maybe at the start of the game instead of naming your airport, you name your airport building company, and where they’re based. In the next screen, there could be a map with certain places. Say I’m based in Australia, there could be a need for a new airport somewhere small, like Dubbo (small town in NSW). You could either start off with a pre existing airport, with objectives like expanding to 3 stands or getting “x” amount of passenger movements per day; or a completely new airport with the same sort of objectives.

Similarly to approval from airlines, GA and pax, there would be a new, overriding (approval) rating, from the (government, council maybe?). This would improve your reputation, and with this you could unlock rights to other airports, for example a new second airport in Sydney, where you would have harder objectives and more strict approval ratings, as-well as higher demand for airplane movements, and with time constraints (has to be 5 stands by 2020, for example).

This would not only keep people playing, but also add the extra challenge of owning and running multiple airports at once. The best comparison I can make is not RCT, where it would be more of a level type of thing, but an old game I used to play on iOS “Hotel Tycoon”, where you would own a hotel and expand into other, bigger cities.

If you’re still here, thanks for reading! I know the idea is far fetched and would honestly feel like an almost new game; in certain aspects, but it’s an idea that popped into my head the very first time I played the game! I hope this idea does get considered, as I feel it’s a sorta obvious addition in the future.

Cheers!- L

3 Likes

Love this idea, but think implementation should be near end as features such as multifloor or catering as right now are more (gameplay-)important…
anyway, make it not an idea but feature suggestion :wink:

1 Like

ill chuck it in there… i totally agree. i don’t see this feature being implemented in the near future :grin:

As a die-hard fan with relateable experience, i would also like a campaign mode like you mentioned. Nice idea :wink:

2 Likes

Would also definitely like this added at some point! Be awesome to build numerous airports on the same save and have flights between them and so forth, and have a larger build space for bigger airports in city’s etc. Be an awesome implement for sure

1 Like

I would like challenges in game, so you rebuild with a certain goal in mind; give each goal finished a few token points, make people able to brag about the total amount of tokens gathered on forums / twitter / facebook, etc. Tokens could also be gained in campaign mode of-course, and for finished campaign steps. Also, you could gather tokens if your total chain of airports goes over a certain NW value, total PAX flown, total baggage shipped, etc.

Examples;

Eesy goals;

• Have X amount of open GA plane stands for 1 year (30?)
  • Have X amount of open Commercial small stand for 1 year (30?)
  • Have X amount of Medium stands for 1 year (30?)
  • Handle X amount of PAX in 1 day (3000?)
  • Make X money without loans (10 mil)
  • Scan X amount of baggage before year 10 (500k?)

Medium;

• Make X money without loans before year 4 (10 mil?)
  • Have X amount of open GA plane stands for 1 year with all services running (40?)
  • Have X amount of open Commercial Small stand for 1 year with all services running (40?)
  • Have X amount of open Commercial Medium stands for 1 year with all services running (40?)
  • Handle X amount of PAX in 1 day (5000?)
  • Make X sales in shops before year Y (year 5?, 20.000?)
  • Scan X amount of baggage before year 5 (250k?)
  • Cancel an airline contract and still make profit that year
  • Run X medium stands for year before year 3 ends and have no loans (15?)

Hard goals;

• Make X money without loans before year 3 (10 mil?)
  • Have 50 stands commercial stands open for a year, of which are 25 small and 25 medium.
  • Handle X amount of PAX in for 7 days in a row without delays (5000?)
  • Make your first 10 mil without nightlights enabled in EXTREME mode
  • Make your first 10 mil without nightlights enabled in EXTREME mode before year 5 ends
  • Scan X amount of baggage before year 3 (200k?)
  • Cancel X airline contracts before year 10 while having 10 mil bank balance in year 10 ends (5?)
  • Make X sales in all your shops in 1 day for 1 year in a row (5000?)
  • Run X medium stands for year before year 2 ends and have no loans (30?)
3 Likes

Looks like on trello we are getting catering in an update soon as ready for experimental

1 Like

And even sooner on internal😁

1 Like

Lucky you! I barely get time to play at the moment and I am waiting for multiple floors to get stuck in again!

2 Likes

I like these, but I also don’t want it to feel too much like you’re playing levels… a bit more freedom would be nice I think.

There are completely voluntarily. Just for bragging rights.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.