Game crash when loading saved airports

Hello,
unfortunately I am not been able to play and enjoy fully this game recently, as when I load a saved airport it starts “loading” and then the game crashes about midway in “loading structures” and the Unity program starts up and then also crashes without a full log report.

I am playing on windows 10 laptop, latest game version 30.1-4.
I have tried changing the computer display resolution (as seen on some other similar topics) but I had no luck!

I do have the output_log file, and I found this:

0x00007FFEFD8727B0 (d3d11) CreateDirect3D11SurfaceFromDXGISurface
0x00007FFEC1239CCB (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
0x00007FFEC123237F (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
0x00007FFEC124E3C3 (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
0x00007FFEC125368B (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
0x00007FFEC12537A7 (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: ‘Attempt to access invalid address.’ (Address: 00007FFEC0BC37E8)
0x00007FFEC0BC37E8 (UnityPlayer) (function-name not available)
0x00007FFF01443DC4 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
0x00007FFF03AC3691 (ntdll) RtlUserThreadStart

Please note:

• If I create a new airport I have no problem and the game works. If I save and close that new airport, then load it again, it will crash!

• All the saved airports have been built during the last version of the game. This is not a case of loading and old version airport.

Hello, when you mention changing display resolution did you try these exact steps?

The game crashes immediately when I start it and an error.log is generated mentioning an “Access violation” issue

While we’ve yet to uncover the root cause of this issue there is an easy and quick solution which you can apply:

1. Open you computer’s display settings and change the resolution to something else than what you currently have applied

2. Change it back to your old, preferred, resolution setting

3. Launch the game

What version DirectX are you running?

1. Yes, I did follow those steps and no change since.

2. I am running DirectX 12.

All right, can you try this?

1. Go to your Steam Library
  2. Find Airport CEO and right-click it, then select “Properties”
  3. Under the General Tab, click “Set Launch Options” and a dialog box will appear
  4. Type in “-force-d3d9” (without the quotes) and click “OK”

This forces the game to run with a lower version of DX. Not sure if that’s the issue but we’ve seen that some graphics card providers have this issue sometime, what is the name and make of your card?

First of all, thank you for the support Olof. It is very much appreciated!

I followed your instructions, the games loads correctly during the “loading structures” part but now crashes at “loading items”.

I have a Intel HD Graphics 4600 as basic card (not in use for this game) and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M (used as main default card for games).

All right, and this still happens for every save you create?

Yes, it does.

Are you on macOS or Windows? Regardless of which, what version of the OS are you on?

Edit: Also, are you running the latest version of DirectX 12?

Running windows 10 OS Build 17763.404.

Yes, last version of DirectX 12.

closed #10

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.