Game crashing on loading (both new and saved airports) [solved]

Hello folks,

Happy Easter firstly!

I’ve been playing ACEO since the very first alpha release and this is the first time I ran into this issue so forgive me if it has been discussed

When loading into an airport (whether new or saved) the Unity engine crashes itself - literally it was loading on the second before and I am on desktop the next second. Sometimes a Unity crashing window will pop up but it’ll also crash itself out shortly thereafter.

I played other Unity-engine games after my ACEO crashes and they functioned fine.

Steps I’ve taken so far -

• Uninstall and reinstall game and workshop item
  • Deleted ACEO folder from AppData (LocalLow, Roaming)

Any suggestions are highly appreciated

Cheers,
Michael

1 Like

Hi Michael! Sorry to hear you’re having issues, first off: What are your hardware specs?

Hey Olof!

Hardware specs: i7-8750H CPU, GeForce RTX2060, 8G RAM, Win10

Been running ACEO since maybe 2018 on this machine so I don’t think this could be the issue?

Cheers,
Michael

All right, should be no issue, have you tried the tips here?

Yep definitely, hence why I jumped up here Olof :wink:

Second and third ones don’t really apply to me IMO as I can open up the main menu just fine - it’s just when loading the airport (both new and saved) that I ran into issues with crashing Unity engine

One thing I forgot to mention - I kept the experimental on - could this be the issue?

Cheers,
Michael

No I don’t think so… not sure what to make of this, have yo tried verifying the local files via Steam?

Certainly :slight_smile:

Any crash log produced? If so what does it say?

There was actually no crash log as far as I can see, other than the Unity crash window popping out before disappearing

Would ACEO normally produces its own crash log somewhere? If you can enlighten me on the location of any potential crash logs I’ll be more than happy to pass onto you

Cheers,
Michael

Hello Olof,

Gave it another look when loading the airports - seems like it crashed when loading businesses

I would suspect it might be one of the workshop items - but I’ll have to work it out

Hopefully we’ll find the root cause real soon!

Michael

Ok Olof sorry to be a bother - can confirm it’s workshop item that is crashing

I got rid of some of them (deactivate in batches) and now I can get to a stage where airports can be loaded

Given I have a large number of airline mods I can’t pinpoint right now which one is the incompatible one but I will try to find out

Cheers,
Michael

1 Like

All right, that’s great to hear, hopefully someone else with the same issue will find this thread and your solution! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Olof

On a separate note why is there so many incompatible mods in workshop? Could that be they haven’t updated their codings or could this be my computer specific?

I do have at least 4-5 groups that I believe is crashing my game - and with over 100 this is a challenging task :wink:

Cheers,
Michael

Can you define which ones are incompatible? Are those single mods or the big modpacks?

1 Like

Sorry mate just saw this - did you run into the same issue?

I knew I had issues with Cathay Dragon, Silkair, Scoot, Air Canada & Etihad - but again some others like Singapore Airlines’ one was fixed by reinstalling them (Air Canada’s one wasn’t fixed)

Cheers,
Michael

Hello Olof,

I’m back again :wink:

I’m replying directly in this thread as I thought this is somehow related to the previous issue we had

Now I’m having issues that although yes I can run a game and build an airport, Unity engine can crash itself after an undefined period of time (something like 1-2 hours into the game)

And yes I’m still running into issues with modpacks where some will crash the game while loading

I now have a specific file that I can send to you - if this is what you needed?

Cheers,
Michael

Sounds like your downloaded mods are maxing out your VRAM causing the application to crash. Or is it still crashing without any mods installed whatsoever?

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.