Game is not working

Hello guys!

I’m clicking to “play” button from Steam. Than the game’s main menu is appearing. Than i’m clicking to “play” and i’m hearing only sound of the game. That’s it. Nothing to see. Than i discovered, if i am resizing window of the game manually with mouse, i can only see the picture of the main menu. That’s all…

I deleted the game from my laptop, i installed again. I tried to play with normal and experimental version, both of them have same problems.

My laptop: i7 6700hq, 16gb ram, Nvidia 980m gtx, windows 10 (all drivers are updated)

pic1

after resizing: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Have you tried different resolutions and both windowed and fullscreen mode?

yep… nearly every res. with windowed and fullscreen mode.

Is it possible to interact with the menu on pic2?

no. just frozen picture. but sound is still coming. i mean game is working without video.

Well I’m afraid I can’t help you with this one, maybe @Fredrik or @Olof can help you beter.
Anyways, you should file a bug report with your output_log.txt and if possible the crash dump,
these can be found here: C:\Users[YOURUSERNAME]\AppData\LocalLow\Apoapsis Studios\Airport CEO

Haven’t seen an issue like this before, ”sadly”. Do you get the initial pop-up dialog window where you select the game’s resolution and quality settings?

https://forum.unity.com/threads/blank-screen-on-nvidia-gtx-980m-after-windows-10-update-v-1803.534379/

It seems there are more people who are having some issues with your Graphics card and Windows 10 in combination with Unity

1 Like

Yeah, it’s indeed something with your graphics card as pderuiter pointed out. Usually these types of major rendering issues are related to an access violation issue and in some instances it’s simply been solved by doing the following:

1. Open you computer’s display settings and change the resolution to something else than what you currently have applied

2. Change it back to your old, preferred, resolution setting

3. Launch the game

If that does not work you can file a bug report and include all log files and we’ll take it from there.

yesterday, somehow, when i was trying to open the game with different resolutions, finally i opened game with some settings (windowed). i played… than i closed game and i tried again, but this time game didn’t open normally…

it’s for sure that windows 10 problem :frowning: this “bug” started after latest huge win10 update. i hope they will solve or you will do something… thanks!

Do you get any log files or other files when the game doesn’t open as expected?

nope… everything working perfectly. instead of no image.

i need to add something. i think problem is game engine. unity. cities skylines is not working like airport ceo. same problem. sound is coming but no video… :frowning:

i need to wait an update from game or video card company or windows… i dont know.

i’m discovering new things. sorry for flooding.

i think main problem is “widescreen” right now. if i’m trying to open the game 4:3 res. with windowed mode (like 1024x768), game is working fine. other any options is not working right now…

latest update:

i downloaded a new win10 iso from microsoft.
i installed with no update. just win10.
i dowloaded latest nvidia and intel display drivers.
everything is ok right now, i can play everything without any problem.
i’m installing newest win10 updates to my laptop one by one.

1 Like

Sounds indeed like this was related to a different component than immediately to the ACEO build. It’s really good that you’re sharing the progress here so others with the same issue might be able to solve their problems! :slight_smile: