Game unstable once I hit about 10 Gates and 1500 passengers

I love the game, but I am on my 3rd game now where the game becomes unstable and crashes every 10 or 15 minutes.

It seems to start happening when my passenger count gets near 1500 and I have 10 or more Gates. Anyone else having problems on a Lenovo laptop? I can share my full specs if that helps.

1 Like

I use and old Emachine.
Processor : Intel Pentium(R) dual core CPU E6700 @3.2 GHz 3.2 Ghz
Ram: 3 GB
Video card: Nvidia GeForce GT710 1GB
And I had the almost the same problems but my passengers went close to 3400 with 11 commercial stands. Until I changed my system properties from balanced to performance. I currently have 10GA stands, 7 small commercial stands, 6 medium stands and 3 large stand with 4700 passengers a day. But I also cut down the number of busses and cars arriving to drop of passengers 4 stands and added 2 subways. I don’t see the lag anymore as of yet. Not sure if this helps you, but its worth a shot. Good luck and have fun!

Would like to know how you changed your system properties tho. Mine’s 2012 HP Pavilion g4, some specs below;

• RAM: 4GB
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-2450M, 2.5GHz
  • GPU: AMD (ATI) Radeon HD 7400M Series
  • Storage: 500GB HDD

So a bit buff in terms of RAM, nerf in terms of CPU & GPU. Lagged pretty much, but bearable, on my largest airport, an autosave took forever then I tried to reload it and it took forever to load, and in the end, it didn’t even load.

Well, in Windows 10 you need to right click windows icon, then right click settings. the select system. When to new window look for the (I)About on the left side of the screen at the bottom and right click it. Then on the right side of the window scroll down until you see the heading "Related Settings and right click System settings. When the new window opens look on the left side and you will see “Advanced System Settings” and right click on that. That will open the System properties window, it will have tabs and the one in the middle will say “Advanced” right click that one. Then you will see a section that says “performance” click on its button. You will then see a selection of options where one says “Let windows choose what’s best of my computer” another says “adjust for best Appearance” and one that says “Adjust for best performance” check that one. you mat have to restart your pc. I know there are other ways to get to these setting that are faster, but, I don’t remember them. lol

Solution: Buy a new PC

1 Like

Another solution would be to go into the gameplay settings and reduce the passenger ratio. This will reduce the amount of paths needed to be computed, and hopefully, help with the lag. You could also change the graphic settings. :slightly_smiling_face:

And a third solution would be to wait a little, optimisations are planned for after A36. You could wait and see if your can build big airports in 6 months?

There’s a lot of optimization we can and will do, something that we’re planning for the beta stage after Alpha 36 but if you’re running on devices with weaker CPUs and low VRAM you will simply not have the best experience running the game. While ACEO may look like it’s a pretty basic game in terms of visual, it’s very very calculation heavy in terms of activities put both on the CPU and GPU. Just because it’s a 2D game it does not mean that it’s less demanding than a lot of games, it’s actually more on the contrary since the simulation granularity is so high.

That said, optimizations will come and as long as you stay within specs we have advised on Steam you’ll be able to run the game but, of course, have a better experience the more powerful your hardware is.

2 Likes

While ACEO may look like it’s a pretty basic game in terms of visual, it’s very very calculation heavy in terms of activities

…and that’s why we love it :sunglasses:

5 Likes

…and that’s why we love it

Well the fact that I love ACEO is that because I can finally play a more realistic airport building game than what I used to play before; an online game named “Skyrama”. Overall, pretty bad for me (well, 10/10 honest review). Mechanics may be easily understandable (but comes at the cost of being unrealistic, such as fleet is maintained by the airport itself; buying, upgrading is made by the airport (duh)), but advancements are really hard to do, building space is very cramped (tbh you can BARELY make a realistic airport there). At least in ACEO the building space is a lot bigger in comparison.

So I think that’s it.

Cheers.

1 Like

True.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.