Gates To Check In Desk Ratios

If I have 36 gates but only 24 check in desks will my airport still work properly or do I have to have a 1:1 ratio for gates to check in desks?

You need 2 check in desks for each flight from a medium stand and 1 for each flight from a small stand. I doubt that you’ll be able to get away with such a small number of check in desks.

On my airport I have 7 check-in desks and 3 small and 4 medium stands and sometimes I already get a warning that there is no check-in desk available for a certain flight.

I guess this also is influenced by how many flights are handled simultaneously. If you have very little flight separation times and also have flights land on the same time instead of maybe allow for some space in-between, then everything might be fine. I had a small airport but could handle with a 1:1 ratio because the medium flights had 20 minutes of space in between. So a flight was already handled before the need for the next arised.

1 Like

It depends on how often the flights come in. if you have all 36 flights arrive all at the same time, then yes you need a 2:1 ratio for medium, but if you only have a flight coming in every 20 mins then you can have less because not every gate. will need check in done at the same time…

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.