GeforceNow Support

Hello Everybody!

I just wanted to see, what do you all think about GeforceNow Support for AirportCEO. It would really make it easier to create the really large and complicated airports, but I just wanted to see what you think.

Rick

• Yes, I want GeforceNow!
  • No, I have a beast computer.
  • No, I like my potato.

0 voters

1 Like

Hey @Olof, Is GeforceNow for AirportCeo possible, or impossible?

1 Like

I could be wrong, but it’s my understanding that the way GeForceNow works there is no need to do anything with the game in order to have it supported

1 Like

The problem is that indie, simulation, tycoon games are using mostly CPU power rather than GPU power. That’s why game gets lagged even with gaming PCs because they have high end GPU but also have low or medium end CPU.

Also umm… I think we get one developer’s answer :smiley:

3 Likes

As far as I understand how GeforceNow works, any game can be added to the platform, but the addition has to be initiated by the developer, not any random Joe Schmoe.

1 Like

Right, although I believe you still have the option to download steam and install games from there that haven’t been officially added. I do agree with you though. It would be interesting to see what sort of performance improvements you could get

2 Likes

I think we would have to be approahced by GeForce to make this a reality but… making the game un on whatever the GeForce platform looks like doesn’t sound like something we’d do in a heartbeat… :stuck_out_tongue:

And yes, I do have a beast work computer, otherwise I would never be able to load all those massive bug report airports you keep sending us! :joy:

6 Likes

Aw, I want one! All I have is my $200 potatoBook.

2 Likes

I would second that. Most games are limited by CPU power or how workload is allocated.

1 Like

Any update?

I can play Factorio and Space Engineers on GeForce Now without issues. All maxed out and 60 FPS all time.

The servers have quad core Intel processors and Gtx 1080, 2060, 2080 and Tesla P40.

I think that they are ok even for Airport CEO.

Please Devs, activate this option. Thanks.

Hello, im just resurrecting this thread to ask if support could be possible please? Nvidea doesnt need to approach you or anything. You just need to specify cloud support via steam, and send them an exe of the game. They will then make it available on their systems.

Sadly i am currently stuck in a situation where i have great internet, but no computer. So i use geforce now over my TV :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I think the process is a bit more involved, however we are currently in the process on enabling Airport CEO on more platforms so I will have another look at it.

1 Like

Oh, I know what that means :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, if you do go down the route the documentation for steamcloud play is here and the information for the geforce SDK (which you DO NOT need) is here and finally their dev programme is available from a link on the SDK page, apologies im not allowed to post more than 2 links haha.

I promise it is a very simple and easy to do thing :slight_smile: thanks for revisiting.

1 Like

Wanted to try to resurrect this once again. I have hundreds of hours in this game, but recent circumstances have left me without a gaming computer that can handle this game. I would absolutely love to be able to play it on GeForce Now, and my understanding is that it’s quite easy to set up on your end? Any way you’d be able to take another look at this? Thanks!

The game is currently in line awaiting review and approval by Nvidia, so hopefully sometime soon! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wonderful news! Thanks!