Goal in the game

We started the game, built the airport. And then what? What is the purpose? Where are we going? The developers do not offer any goal. Yes, there is an award “Airport of the Year”, which, as you can see in Steam, was received by 0% of players.
Everyone can invent it for themselves, you say. As I was told, don’t use the Bellanger store. Why is that ?! I want to use all the possibilities in the game, but so that they are do not kill the balance in the game.

As a result, guys, suggest a goal in the game, for example, to carry 100 million passengers. And so that, for example, when this goal is achieved, it is displayed in the menu, so that there is an opportunity to surpass it. Or the choice of goals, as you like. For example, one of two or three, or all at once. 100,000,000 passengers, Airport of the Year award, or 30,000 passengers per day, or $ 2,000,000 in net profit per day (excluding Bellanger), for example.

I play this game for fun, not to feel like I achieved a preset goal. I find it fun to make the goals myself and try to do fun things.

Make it your goal to set your own special goal! (I made set myself a new goal today already: Make a realistic parking area, with metro system, restaurant, and park that looks like its in a city)

Realistic? Do you play without Bellanger?
I am happy for you. Entertainment is different for everyone. And if different players have their own entertainment, it will be great. Is not it? :wink:

I’d quite like to see the game released with different scenarios - like taking over an already operational airport and improving it’s quality rating or scaling up the airport.

I think there is certainly space for something goal based in the game (maybe like a career mode), but I also like the ability as @humoresque says to just free play and create your own airport with your own goals. I don’t see why both can’t be accommodated

1 Like

What is the goal? A question you can ask for many simulation games. A Cities:Skylines isn’t really different than ACEO. You build a city and then what?
Other people play with their physical train set at home, what do they have for goals there when it is built?
I guess to build something you have in your mind and make it running perfect and have a good time.

For me it’s build expand and optimize which keeps me running even the same sandbox map for months. There is always something to do better on the map.

Scenarios might be a nice addition.

Also that’s why many such games have Steam achievements which force the players to build different styles.

2 Likes

See the Steam Badges for nice goals.

This is not a game with a set goal, it’s an endless content generator in which the player either does not have a goal in mind or sets it for themselves. Just like with every other tycoon game I’ve played, there just comes a point in the game’s progression where you’ve done everything you want, tested every feature and built on every piece of land and suddenly you feel fed up - that’ll happen with ACEO aswell and implementing a goal just for the sake of it seems pointless.

You are correct that the AOTY award is extremely hard to achieve, we will balance that.

3 Likes

There are sometimes also little scenarios/contests by the community (sometimes also on Discord).
Like who builds the smallest airport possible or build a profitable airport with minumum x gates but all remote … and other kind of challenges.

2 Likes

Yes, I have never even signed it’s contract, even before I knew of its money-making ability

I agree with the idea about scenarios though!

I have said it before and will say it again, I feel like this is a must have. You could even treat this as a “tutorial”, where the player can start in a functional airport and have some far-away goal. Your time-to-completion can act as goal for some, while it can be ignored by others.

Belanger’s not so far off, with big airports having Cartier/Tiffany stores etc., selling jewellery for thousands

Yes, but in real the money goes to the store company and the airport only gets the normal monthly rent for the space.

1 Like

Having operated a shop in a railway station once upon a time, I’d suspect that the airport takes a cut of turnover.

1 Like

It seems to me personally that without certain economic indicators and an assessment of the economic efficiency of the airport, it is difficult for any commission to nominate the airport for awards. To be the best, he must be successful, and this, in turn, is the assessment of all those who voted for him with a dollar, having bought certain services.

For example, I do not understand why there are statistics that I do not look at, but there are no performance indicators, and which are not expensive to add.

Here is the indicator on dashbord. He tells me about what in his two time periods. I understand what is there, but this information is empty for me, because I can see from the numbers in the economy section and in the detailed statistics, but I do not understand if I am far from my best values ​​in terms of efficiency, how much I earn per passenger, how much I earn on one flight on average, or what is the maximum number of passengers passed through the airport per day or year. And I’m interested in this, and I’m interested in surpassing these indicators, and not stupidly building an airport and admiring it, wondering where I can put a pot of flowers, or an additional parking lot, or what other color to paint the cars.

And what, they are able to bring income to the airport 5-10 times more than all the main operational activities taken together ?!

I mean you earned your 5* airport status right? :smile:

Great question. I have Belanger but I don’t have 5 stars? One of us doesn’t know what he is talking about. :laughing:

No one disputes that there are expensive jewelry stores in real airports that cost several thousand dollars. How does this compare to the numbers in the AirportCEO? How much does it cost to refuel an A380 at a real airport? All airport operations without Belanger, for example, generate ~ $ 600,000 in revenue, and one store ~ $ 5,000,000 over the same period. This is normal?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.