Hangars Causing Taxiway Network Disconnection?

Hello!

Apologies I don’t have a screenshot to attach to this though I did attach one to the big report I submitted. Following the update, I have had multiple instances where attempting to add a hangar to my taxiway network has caused all the stands and runways to believe they are not longer connected to each other. I’m not sure if anyone else can replicate this phenomenon or if it is an issue with my system or the way I placed the objects. I also had a major bug with a save since the update where none of the baggage or franchise objects were functional and were deleted upon saving the game, so I am mildly concerned I might have a bad install of the game.

That sounds like a lot of trouble.

Keep sending bug reports to Olof.

You could also send your airport with disappearing equipment to support@airportceo.com

Always state if you did use the F10 menu or not.

To prevent to much bugs on 1 field, try reloading your game now and then.

So, dont play very long sessions. But do a save and reload, maybe every few hours?

Appreciate the response, yeah as best I can tell through some testing it’s either my particular install or the way I specifically set up the hangars. I had placed them directly opposite from a stand so there was a cross or “T” shape to the taxiways. I have reproduced the phenomenon in multiple saves over very short play sessions. I’ll give a different taxiway design a shot and see if that resolves anything and I can probably get some screenshots together in case anyone wants to test this on their system.

No idea what is a best practice in your situation.

But for ideas, visit the fields build by others;

Okay, after some tooling around it appears the bug is not a result of the specific placement of the hangars. I’ve attached a screenshot here illustrating the issue. Using my autosave I placed the hangar at locations A, B, and C, and each time the taxiway network became interrupted. I have also been able to replicate this on entirely separate save files so it is not a corrupted save.

Interestingly, a GA stand is entirely unnaffected by this and continues to operate as normal (marked in Green) while all commercial stands regardless of how close or far they are to the hangar apparently lose their ability to find a runway. I did double check that no setting have changed on the runway itself so it is still setup to accept small aircraft including commercial and GA. I’m not certain if this is only small hangars as I have not got far enough in a save yet to actually unlock them before my taxiways break.

@Olof not sure if any of this is helpful or if you have received any other reports of this, if you would suggest a clean install of the game I can try that when I have some time.

1 Like

No, we probably have multiple reports on this at this point, will have a look at the backlog and see what’s up.

3 Likes

Aha! I appear to have narrowed down the issue further. It appears that the disconnect issues only happen when I draw the taxiways while the hangar is still under construction. If I wait for the hangar to be fully built it does not seem to create these issues.

4 Likes

@Fredrik is on it!

3 Likes

I tried just what you explained but could not reproduce it. :confused: Are you sure the runway setting is set to allow commercial flights? Since your GA stand seem to be fine.

Absolutely certain, I checked it multiple times. The commercial stands were functioning and accepting flights immediately before construction of the hangars. I even went back to the save in question today to double check. It does appear however that something in the last round of updates on the experimental branch has fixed it, as you say I was unable to recreate it using the same steps today.

We’ve found a specific issue with connections not always being reliable as it doesn’t test the connection between a stand and a runway, for example, in both directions but only one. This is scheduled for a fix during beta 2. This should however not be causing your specific issue as described here.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.