Help out translating Airport CEO!

localizor-logo%20copy

Hello airport CEO! :airplane: :speech_balloon:

We’ve teamed up together with Localizor, an online crowd translation tool built by the creator of Startup Company where you can help out in translating the text of games in exchange for coins that can be redeemed into Steam keys.

We’ve received loads of requests from various airport CEOs who want to participate in the translation of ACEO into their native language, but this has always been out of the question as we’ve not only lacked the tools to allow people to help out on a smaller scale but also because we haven’t had a reasonable way to compensate participants for their work. Localizor solves both those problems and we’re really excited to try it out together with you.

We’ve posted a short news post on how it works which you can read here and this topic’s main purpose is to serve as a space where we can discuss this crowd sourced translation project together.

Want to become a Localizor mod?

Localizor has a mod feature that enables certain rights within the platform that we’d be happy to appoint to someone of this community who’s been an active member and who also actively have contributed to the translation. Send a PM to @Alexander if you want to become a Localizor mod and write a short introduction of yourself, your contributions to the translation project and your Localizor handle and the e-mail you used to sign up with.

Thoughts? Questions? Comments? Go! :de: :us: :brazil: :sweden:

5 Likes

I can just do a find and replace for the ‘s’ to ‘z’ for American??? :rofl:

Sounds good though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, no Slovak? Did not expect that one. :wink:

We’ll be happy to expand with more languages if there’s a few people requesting it! :smiley:

1 Like

Nah, just joking, it is one of the least spoken languages in Europe. I would do it if the language is added, but maybe you could consider Czech language, it has way more speakers. That one I can also do.

1 Like

Good idea! Czech has been added! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Waw, english is already translated at 100%, I’m impressed.

2 Likes

Haha. I’ll let Apoapsis Studios take the honor for that one! :smiley:

2 Likes

Actually, I have a question about the translation (at to French). Is it possible to get some example for codes that look like the following :
Depending on the content it can be that “can’t” has more than one translation.
It is possible to use a simple translation, can’t → ne peut pas, due to → à cause de, but, depending on the content, it may not fit.

Letting @Alexander answer that one.

Can you please add the Turkish? I can translate it.

1 Like

Turkish has been added! :slight_smile:

Concerning specific terms, do you prefer legal or “commun word” translations ?
For instance this one :

Civils call aircraft “avion” (which is the translation of airplane) but in legal terms aircraft is “aéronef”.

1 Like

Could you add dutch?

1 Like

It’s already in there.

1 Like

… because I added it! :smiley:

2 Likes

I clicked the request a sample button and it gave an error. Is that expected?

Seems like I know what I’ll be doing tonight then :joy: :joy:

1 Like