Hey, what about cites themselves?

What about cites?
We’ve talked about cites a lot in this forum, but will cites be incorporated?
If you don’t have a city then what is the point of having an airport?(yes I know private strips, but those still have masions or people who use them) I think that, if the game works by expanding the airport slowly, then you should have small houses and roads put outside of your airport. Then you could have small stubs of road just inside of your area which you can connect to your airport, like in simcity. Then you could really be connected to the surrounding cites.

The problem with this is that this is Airport CEO. This is not SimCity. Besides, I would disagree with you that an airport needs a city - they usually serve whole regions.

I’ll agree with you that having some sort of background economy is a good idea, and connections to the outside world are essential (road and eventually rail). It would be good to have some relevant services on site (hotels, a railway station, a conference centre, a petrol station…), but I think houses and businesses not connected to the airport shouldn’t be added.

1 Like

As you said this have been brought up before and I think the result was:
Let’s focus on building and running the airport. Maybe have some demands from the city council. :slight_smile:

Cities do play a small role, since your airport is located somewhere in the world (currently randomized depending on you choice of continent in the start menu), vehicles going to your airport depart from the closest cities. Also, persons who send you e-mail have origins from close cities! :slight_smile:

… but in terms of constructing buildings that are more of a purpose for a city than an airport, I agree with previous voices…

1 Like

This should be in my thread build around the airport.

@Olof I meant just scattered buildings outside the building that are randomly generate that you can connect to your airport

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.