Hold short lines should be placable like taxiways

Hold short lines shouldn’t have their own “runway entry/exit” placable building. They should be placable like taxiways. “Taxiway foundation” should be what these things are built on. Or even better, they should autogenerate when you attach a taxiway to a runway as every taxiway connecting to a runway needs a hold short line.

1 Like

Why, the current system is perfect

The current system prevents you from changing the width of your runway entrances. In the real world taxiways are different widths and runways too for that matter. Also if I want to make a thinner hold short line, that’s currently impossible. I need to dedicate 3 squares to this thing and then for maintaining the taxiway widths, another 5 spaces for the taxiway itself (if it’s turning).

The current method is far from perfect, and I dislike it immensely. The old method in ACEO was much better. There were no dedicated four-by-five runway entries. Rather, you selected a taxiway tile and chose it to be and entry or exit point; the width was whatever you chose it to be. The length was not the current four tiles long, five tiles wide.

However, because many users are incapable of comprehending that, and continually asked questions on the forum and submitted bug reports, the devs had to dumb-down the mechanic. Hence, the current system.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.