How did you learn to photoshop?

I’ve been looking at the design contest submissions (i know it’s already ended) and I must say they all look really cool! So just in case there was another design contest, (perhaps for delivery companies delivering stuff for your shops) I want to be ready. I know the chance is low, considering the game is about to be released but still how did you guys learned it? Did you just experimented or read some online tutorials?

Personally, I am using Illustrator, because Photoshop is not very suitable for creating logos. I have received instructions from a friend who works as a graphic designer, who has helped me a lot. In addition, I’ve seen a lot of YouTube videos on miscellaneous tips and tricks.

2 Likes

I use Paint. net and Gimp. I learned those through tutorials and requests. So I pretty much self learned.

2 Likes

Cool, thank you both! :slight_smile:

Before the competition, I never used photoshop,but my design wad selected :slightly_smiling_face: You can watch some tutorials on YouTube to get started.And trust me,the most important thing is idea,the making of the logo is simplest,and logo need to be simple if you want to have succes :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

NEVER
My ps skills are not the best. I just used word for my designs. :joy:

2 Likes

Hahah, yeah maybe I’ll just do my best at MS Paint.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m a word pro. I make everything with word, for example my profile logos. :wink:

Oh really? That looked like a professional image to me. :laughing:

1 Like

I’m using the Corel features, CorelDraw and Coralpaint. I`ve found them very usefull in my studies as a Urban Designer. The amount of layers and the fact it is vector based makes if perfect to adjust things (Moving trees, pathways, people, plots, etc.) and for making sections. Of course I used a CAD program to make sure everything is in scale and exporting the linedrawing as pdf file.

My entire education used Photoshop and the lessons where also about it. But I found it rather unnatural for me to use.

1 Like

Much what Patje89 said I’d say apply to me. I currently use Inkscape. It’s a really great program because it’s free and it’s vector based. You can adjust things really easily and make any shape you want easily. One big benefit with vectors is you can scale them up or down without losing quality. It makes it a lot easier for projects which you don’t know the size of or you need multiple sizes of. I learned how to use Inkscape through online tutorials and just messing around myself. It did take a lot of time to get good at greating graphics, but after I learned it was great!

1 Like

Thank you all for your opinions!

I learned the basics from a book, but the rest I self-taught through online tutorials.

TBH, there are tons of tutorials for everything nowadays. It’s easier to self-taught yourself. That being said, I think the main issue is building a great taste / design mind, which I still lack far behind.

1 Like

I have learn’t PS from Youtube, Udemy and justlearn.