How many vehicles do we need per medium stands?

I have at least 12 medium stands and the flights are delayed because the pushback truck doesn’t arrived on time or the carton does not arrived on time or the fuel truck doesn’t arrived on time. I have like 20 pushback cars and 20 fuel trucks and 20 cargo. What should I do ?

Do you assign vehicles to depots in the vehicles menu?

1 Like

Same issue here, was not aware of the fact that it was possible to assign vehicles to depots, will try that out, thanks! Can you also do that with fuel trucks to fuel depots? Or do fuel trucks always take the nearest fuel depot?

1 Like

When your fuel truck is full, you want it near the stands, not near the fuel depot, assign it to a depot near the stands, it will fill itself when it gets empty, I like to assign bigger fuel trucks to depots that are far out on the airport.

Edit; mmm, no you cannot assign it to a fuel depot, I assume it takes the primary depot first, just like security checks do, never thought about it.

Could be a nice extra feature, then again there should be a logical override for the fuel truck to decide another depot when the assigned depot is empty, or assign a #1, #2, etc depot

(off topic) Would also be nice to assign personnel to a staff room, especially on large airports. I know you can assign roles to a staff room, but you cannot select specific personnel to a room. That would be very helpful to reduce the delays on personnel arriving on time for their duty and especially to get planes out in time. :wink: This should be a mass action feature and not individual as with the trucks, because that would take ages… Just an option to assign X amount of janitors or airport staff to a specific room, so they work from there.

(on topic) in reply to @MagicalWizard, I think it depends on the amount of small and large stands and how fast you let planes land between each other. Normally it should be possible to serve 2 medium stands with 1 push back truck, but that also depends on the distance between the two stands. I always have 1 push back truck and 2 large service trucks per medium stand and 1 large service truck per small stand (for commercial flights). But on a large airport that can still be a pain getting planes out in time, due to the above with personnel and that trucks are too far away. But with the option @jasperwillem just gave, it is possible to keep trucks nearby. Now I have to change the airport layout to get the cargo bay closer to the stands and vehicle depots :wink:

1 Like

https://forum.apoglabs.com/t/assign-employees-to-certain-zones/4484?u=pderuiter

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.