Inspirational Airport Documentaries (etc)

As I’m sure that many of you have already done, I’ve started to sketch out my first Airport! I’ve found some great inspiration from watching documentaries about airports so I thought we could share some of our favourite Airport/Airline documentaries and other things, like pictures, that you’ve been inspired to recreate once the game is released. Feel free to join in!

These are my favourite ones:

• A very British Airline
  • Britain’s Busiest Airport
  • Big, Bigger, Biggest: London Heathrow Airport
  • Inside Gatwick
  • Airline (EasyJet Documentary)

Now you should never watch these documentaries illegal but they may or may not be on YouTube… I wouldn’t possibly know…

5 Likes

One Six Right was one of the best Aviation related documentaries I have watched.

Summary by imdb
A documentary film that celebrates the unsung hero of aviation - the local airport - by tracing the life, history, and struggles of an airport icon: Southern California’s Van Nuys Airport. Featuring aerial photography and an original score, the film dispels common misconceptions and opposes criticism of General Aviation airports. Through the love story of one airport, past to present, the film shares the timeless romance of flying with all ages.- Written by Terwilliger Productions

1 Like

Ultimate airport Dubai all the way…

4 Likes

I really agree - I’ve watched 4 out of 5 of these and they are truly inspiring and interesting - in fact, I’m off to watch the fifth now! :smiley:

Only one I’ve seen, but it was pretty decent, was Cities in the Sky. The first episode touches on airport design a bit, and if I recall baggage lines.

I will add Air Crash Investigation, its not really airport focused, but they often explain airports like PAPIs and ATC.

1 Like

Airline (US version) Southwest Airlines is the focus

Mayday! (Aka Air Investigation)

Today marks the 30th anniversary of NWA flight 255. Changed the industry. Happened out my home airport DTW. Interesting episode it was seeing it on “Mayday!”

1 Like

The plane that changed the world, the 747 documentary easy to find on youtube

1 Like

Qantas recently released their own TV series in Australia about their operations across the country. It was only available in Australia though I think…

Only thing I can think of is Mayday/Air crash investigations but that doesn’t really fit here…