[Already Implemented] International and Domestic Terminals/ Realism

Title:

International and Domestic terminals and realism

Description:

Having seperate terminals and differences between these in the game would add a very different dynamic, customs and extra security would be a start for international terminals, and adding buses and walkways between different terminals would be needed to function. An international passenger is different to a domestic passenger in many ways, they demand more and would be typically looking for more shopping options and information, so your international terminal would need to be different to your domestic terminal. Connecting flights would be an important role in this, with different colour schemes telling you how many passengers will need to be bussed between terminals and how many are on a flight that isn’t a connection.

Why it should implemented

In real life it is usually a given that an airport has different terminals for international and domestic, here in Australia it is the law! This would give the game another dynamic and would force you to be creative with new terminal designs based on requests and problem solve things like traffic between the terminals and making sure connection flight passengers make it on time.

Images, references or additional content:

Input images or links…

Tell me if there’s anything I’ve missed in this area… I’d love to hear some feedback! Personally I’d love to see this added in game:)

5 Likes

Since we will get passport controls and customs, I think this feature got also potential in future. :slight_smile:

1 Like

re-opening this idea

I think it’s a great idea. I would add:
-To be able to define these terminals and select any area that they occupy: infrastructure inside (the building) and outside (stands, bus stops …).
-So that in the same terminal everything would be automatically connected to each other (passengers would go to the corresponding bus stops in the terminal, security, check in desks, stands, baggage bay …)
-Or assigned to: general for all airport (like waste depod, de-icing fluid depod …).
-Also be able to assign vehicles or staff to a whole terminal.

I love your idea and would love to see it implemented.

Maybe a new stand setting in flight planner to set it as “domestic flights” only

Maybe a new stand setting in flight planner to set it as “domestic flights” only

You will already have to connect stand to a boarding desk with or without in international zone. If desk is in zone, stand will automatically be international.

1 Like

Maybe community moderators can set this topic to “implemented”.

1 Like