International passengers stuck at passport checkpoint

Hey everyone! This is my first post here, but I’ve been playing Airport CEO for a little while now.

I tried making my first international wing to an airport and it’s a bit complex. However, my biggest challenge (not sure if it’s a bug or I just created an issue) is that arriving international passengers are being stuck leaving the international zone and entering the secure zone.

The passengers are having pathway issues once they step foot onto the secure zone.

I’m not quite sure what I did wrong or if this is a bug - I’d love some suggestions. (FYI I tried uploading a few different images of the different levels with the departure/arrival parts but I could only upload one image for this post.) I’ve tried reloading the save multiple times and messing with the zones. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Do you have a secure zone exit for them to go to?

1 Like

Try to save and load the game it will be solved

1 Like

Yep! So this is the basement of my airport:

The right tunnel is for departing international passengers (their passport checkpoint is on the ground floor). They then take the escalators/elevators up to the ground floor to enter the international terminal.

Arriving international passengers go down into the basement and then are intended to go through passport checkpoints, take the left tunnel, and exit through the secure door exit before getting to baggage.

1 Like

I’ve tried multiple times every day and this has been going on for a few days (real life days). :confused:

1 Like

Hi mchernes,

I had the same issue a few days ago. I forgot to switch some stands from domestic to international. So, domestic passengers arrived inside my international zone causing the exact same problem. I tried to get rid of these passengers using the debug panel, but it didn’t work. So, I had to edit my savegame :

(Backup your savegame folder)

Use this json-file editor.

Open your PersonData.json, left click the actions menu on the passengers row and hit remove.
Replace the file.
Now all your passengers are gone.
Don’t worry, new pax will arrive immediately.
I know this is is the hard way, but it works very well if you run out of options.

1 Like

Scav,

I’ll definitely have to try that later today - I also used the debug panel but, like you mentioned, it didn’t work. I’m going to try what you suggested & come back later to share some hopefully good news!

Edit: So I just checked and all of my aircraft stands on the international terminal are internationally designated. Hmm.

1 Like

Try removing one of the walkalators so there is a simple walking path to the exit.

1 Like

@DavidMarlor Thanks for the tip! I removed both walkalators and the stuck passengers immediately moved to the exit and out of the airport. I’m not sure if this is a bug or something?

1 Like

No, I believe it is not a bug. There should be the ability for passengers to walk regularly instead of going on walkalators. The way we have right now is pretty realistic. :slight_smile:

Yes - not all pax will use walkalators, and if you look at any airport, they always have an option to walk alongside. I’d make the same change to your inbound walkalator too - make space beside it for normal walking.

1 Like

@Jet @DavidMarlor

Thanks for the tip! I was trying to replicate monorail-style shuttles between the buildings by forcing the passengers to use the walkalators to quicken their walking speed instead of just treating them as walkalators. That makes a lot of sense though!

1 Like

Little late to the thread.

But, I always draw a new international zone over the passport checkpoint, seems the merging of zoning and the stations seems to be a problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.