IRL airports

Hey there! I will be trying to create airports IRL as realistically as posibble.
The community can vote on which airport I do first!

• KJFK
  • EGLL
  • VHHH
  • RJTT
  • YSSY

0 voters

Voting’s up, I’ll be posting updates on the first airport KJFK here

Frankly i am not familiar with the 4 letter codes but did recognize the JFK part and voted for it based on that.

KJFK - John F Kennedy Int’l Airport, New York
EGLL - Heathrow Airport, London
VHHH - Hong Kong Int’l Airport, Hong Kong
RJTT - Haneda Airport/Tokyo Int’l Airport, Tokyo
YSSY - Sydney Kingsford Smith Airport, Sydney

1 Like

Hmm… i prefer Heathrow and Hong Kong more (i love two runway airports), with VHHH’s simple one-terminal design and EGLL’s controversies and history as the main appeal for me.

1 Like

I should’ve included this, sorry

I’ll be doing all of these airports in the order of the voted, so EGLL would be next

I used to think the more runways an airport has, the bigger. I found this to be wrong when I realized Boston Logan has 6 runways yet it is a relatively smaller airport.

Oh…
Anyway, good luck rebuilding the T1 and T2!

1 Like

Quick update - Im having trouble scaling everything done properly and had to start over, will hopefully have some photos and updates soon.

Also, does anybody know how to take a screenshot on Mac?

Just use STEAM screenshot feature? Don’t know about Mac, in Windows it’s [F12]. I’d be surprised if this screenshot feature isn’t available in Macs STEAM version too, but possibly another hotkey? Don’t know though, just an idea.

2 Likes

Kinda late to respond to this but to take a screen shot on mac you can use Command + Shift + 3 for a full screen capture or Command + Shift + 4 to choose exactly which part of the screen is screenshotted (Is that even a word??).