It's really time to give serious consideration to Survey Stakes

I brought this feature up in Nov 2019. It didn’t seem to go anywhere. I get it, you had lots of stuff on your plate. Now, building airports is more complex, more features, the pending larger maps (unless one already knows how to make the map larger) I’m actually just going to leave the post as it was because I think where the game is now, I was pretty spot on in the need for the feature. Can we please consider this now?

Feature request title: Survey Stakes

A way to place down a zero cost, quick object that would be very visible, able to be placed on grass and inside within any zone at any of the elevation

Description:

An object (could be a little orange tape waving in the air like below) with a very visible bright orange object that shows up in the dark as well. It’d be much like a lamp, provides no ambient lighting, but easy to see to remove when we build over the top of it to delete it.

Why it should be implemented:

Construction always has survey stakes. Therefore, this feature is in keeping with the game designer intent of realism, but it is needed to help with layout designs and future construction for planning the airport layout. With the non-stop addition of larger and large features, (humongous tip of the hat to the development team by the way) it’s getting more complex to build larger and increasingly complex airports, airport support infrastructure, and vehicle support. Right now, it’s more of an improvisational way of building. I’m sure people have come up with workarounds that accomplish what I am suggesting, but really… why would you want a work-around in your game for something that should be relatively little effort in coding, and is starting to become a needed feature.

Images, references or additional content:

What it could look like, only make it orange and brighter. The objects are already sort of in the game.

There were some other responses to this in the thread about Construction mode, etc. Solid suggestions. The thing is, if you look at Denver right now, on google, and on the ground control map, it has an active construction zone, blocked off with those road objects, etc.

Thanks for your consideration.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.