Janitors (clean steps)

The janitors is running all over the place to clean. What i also can see, they also making the floor dirt without clean it straight ahead.

• My suggestion is the janitors should not make more dirty what it is. shouldnt they be like clean all the time?
    Short sentence: The dirt should not come by janitors, since it comes from everybody else.
2 Likes

So you’re saying the janitors are making things dirty while they are cleaning? Does sound realistic though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes.:slight_smile: The janitors going around cleaning, the 10 next step he left a new place dirty. Thats dosent sounds like realistic. Pick up trash and throw it on another place? :joy:

1 Like

at least your janitors are cleaning… lol my lazy buggers just stand their idle i dont know why

1 Like

They do check for nearest job task availability but it’s likely that someone else has already claimed it. It’s a bit of a design question really, right now they are autonomous agents that retrieve their own job tasks but in reality there should maybe be a central job task processing system that give them job tasks instead. This is however more complex to code, so it’s something we’ll have to look at beyond these first stabilizing weeks.

1 Like

Would that allow for a better construction system of floors and areas composed by a lot of crates, like in prison architect, where one worker moves a box of materials and the workers nearby use that box of materials to build the road/tarmac/fundation…??

1 Like

Not really the same use-case but what you’re describing is a more efficient way for construction, yeah. Haven’t played PA for at least a year (for obvious reasons :stuck_out_tongue: ) so don’t really remember the exact mechanics of it but, yeah, it’s boring to construct a lot of sidewalk a long way from a delivery site.

So, what’s about giving the janitors a specific area to clean? Like in Roller coaster Tycoon 3, as example.

1 Like

Why not make the jarnitors like they are in RCT2? Just wandering and cleaning a dirty tile if they happen to be near it.

EDIT: this guy above me seems to get the point. (sorry I didn’t read it first)

They need to setup temporary storages and use little carts to carry large amounts of construction materials over to a little dynamic “pile o’ bits” which other works use to construct things. That way it maintains the realism of every item being purchased and built, but is also less irritating. So maybe your central jobs system could help with defining these little piles and who drives the cart etc

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.