.json file line breaks for airline/company descriptions

can anyone help me? Is it possible to add line breaks for the descriptions in the .json files to create new paragraphs? I want to do this for adding multiple lines with separated info on my airline company descriptions. So I want the description to read something like this (and include all this info in the descriptions… but with line breaks)…

Company/Airline Name

Description: yada yada yada

Airline Designator: XXX

Aircraft/Liveries: B737-800 NL, B737-800 OL, B737-800 SL

Contracts:  yada yada yada

Have you tried the respective escape characters? Never had a problem myself.

not sure exactly what that is. could you explain? or could you give me an example… Its just if I put in information into the description text and press enter to create a new paragraph a couple of lines down, the company doesn’t load so I have to keep all the description text in one paragraph. I want to make my descriptions read like my example above.

If you add \n where you want a line break that should do the trick

3 Likes

awesome, thanks!!!

1 Like

Yeah, @bootsie123 pinned it. Escape characters are prefixed with a \ there are a few common ones. It’s late for me. I should have been asleep hours ago but alas, not able to sleep.

1 Like

GL sleeping, annoying when that happens.

1 Like

Found this with Google:

The following characters are reserved in JSON and must be properly escaped to be used in strings:

Backspace is replaced with \b.
Form feed is replaced with \f.
Newline is replaced with \n.
Carriage return is replaced with \r.
Tab is replaced with \t.
Double quote is replaced with \"
Backslash is replaced with \\
4 Likes

double awesome, thanks for that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.