KLIA2 - International Airport

Thanks! The ‘blueprint’ is available on the Steam workshop, if people are interested.

More color coding pls :stuck_out_tongue:

More colour coding as in…?

I don’t know if that is a queue bug, problem I have is that the 4 security desks do not seem to be enough to work with the 17 open medium stands. Because of security lots of PAX are too late for their flights. When the security desks close, because of staff change, all PAX clutter at one or two desks causing this huge queue all on one place. I have to have a closer look at it by trying to close the desks and see what happens, also with probably building more desks and double the amount so there is more overlap when staff shifts are changing.

Because the airport has such a long wing for the gates (at the moment only 1 is open and there are 4…), the PAX often do not make it in time and planes leave without them. I play with the autoscheduler on, I believe 70 mins between flights and the ‘always send away’ option on. As described in another thread the PAX just stay in the queue of the security desk, even when the plane has already left causing an even bigger queue when new passengers arrive and need to go through security, etc. So it’s a bit of a vicious circle at the moment that I have to try and break.

For 17 stands I’d have about 10 security stations. I worked it out at roughly 40 PAX per hour through a station.

1 Like

I go with 1 medium security for 2 medium stands.

1 Like

For 17 stands I’d have about 10 security stations

I go with 1 medium security for 2 medium stands

Thanks guys! Than I have some reworking to do… Will also be a challenge to get around 8 to 10 security stations in the current terminal… :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Will be a full floor with 30+ security stations if I want to serve all the stands on the airport, thank god for multi floors :slight_smile: I think that’s something the devs have to look into, as 40 PAX per hour is not realistic and causes massive amounts of security stations if you built bigger airports. :thinking: And I would love to build some other big beauties like:

Dubai

Abu Dhabi

Istanbul

Atlanta, etc. :sunglasses:

Or… the devs could just slow down ingame time…

3 Likes

Yups, just vote here in the next feature voting round :wink:

1 Like

After the security discussion I did a big overhaul of the security area:

Went from 4 stations to 12 with 1 small station in the middle for staff

Close up of the new stations

This shows an all green Flight Process Monitor :+1:

Also encountered multiple pretty nasty glitches… Did anybody else ever seen these? This was the first time, but got quite a few. Also today after a complete reload of Steam and the game it’s still there now and then. When you go out of building mode or hit esc it’s mostly gone. I have the ‘simulate construction and building’ off, but that never has caused these kind of glitches in the past.

3 Likes

Pleased to hear the revamped security works well :smiley:

On that 2nd image, you have them exiting into the security station area?

Never seen anything like your last image either.

1 Like

On that 2nd image, you have them exiting into the security station area?

:blush: Yea… It’s a bit of a nasty ‘solution’, I know… :pensive: But that was the only way to position the security stations in that direction. I’ve looked for different locations for the exits but for now that’s not possible. When multi floors are available I can create departure and arrival on separate floors, this have to do for now… I’m always open for better ideas/solutions :wink:

1 Like

The only thing thats glitching with me is gridlines, when zooming / moving or loading menus, they sometimes are on top suddenly.

And I had some off grid object placement glitching.

1 Like

This is interesting as with a possible update of 2nd story terminals, and heavy aircraft Sea-Tac International airport, is build a jet bridge that will allow 747’s to go under it, it will be so cool to see in the future of Sea-Tac and would love to see this in the game.

1 Like

Love this thread. Hopefully when multifloor hits you can do the real skybridge and get the bag claim and other things where they really are. I will tackle a few of my wosh projects when we get multifloor as well.

1 Like

Just had a look at Sea-Tac International airport, that’s also a cool looking airport!! Will put it on my ‘to be built’ list! Will probably be a bit hard to create the curves in the building, but they have a very cool runway layout. Looking at the size of the terminals in total, maybe it will only be the new international terminal first :blush: But the bridge is very cool:

1 Like

Hope so as well! Curious if the multi floors will also support skybridges, that would be really cool! :star_struck:
With multi floors the majority can be built in the correct place, but before the airport can be fully opened there is still some work to be done on the feature side. Probably also have to rebuilt the whole airport in the current map, as this is created on the old map that I ‘hacked’ to get a bigger area. In that version before the UI overhaul you could not buy extra land yet, so had to ‘hack’ the config file. Let’s see, will be a nice project to perform the 10K PAX stress test :blush:

When you ever build it, if you got it on steam, can you post it there, because Sea-Tac is my local airport so it would be cool to relate to. And steam is the only way I can download.

When you build vehicle hangers, place them all where the aircraft hangers are located. This would look so cool make sure node from a taxiway point to itt though

Thanks for the confidence :blush: When I have built it (no clue yet when) as with Klia2 I will post a blueprint on Steam so you can complete it however you like.

Ohh it’s a hub for Alaskan airlines, which means the airport already has a spot for small stands, Because of Horizon Airlines, which Alaskan owns.

By the way do you know how to mod in new airlines?

I’m no ‘modder’, for all info on that please have a look at the modding topics. An option is to use the Steam mods and enable them in the main menu, otherwise you could use ACEOMM (ACEO Mod Manager). As a Mac user I’ve no experience with ACEOMM as it is not working on a Mac, I use Steam mods.

2 Likes