Land Connectivity: Connecting the Airport to the outside world

I am pretty sure that would be in the game as even the smallest domestic airports have buses, taxis, etc.

1 Like

They will be there. Almost all that you have mentioned.

Link to Dev’s post regarding this: Land Connectivity: Connecting the Airport to the outside world - #6 by Olof

Edit: LOL, the post is in the same topic just above.

2 Likes

Yeah. Coach services would be useful. A lot of public transportation would be great.

Currently in the pipeline means coding has started??

It depends, in some cases we have the fundamental structure in place, which will make the implementation much easier. For other cases we will need to write specific behavior to implement the feature. Functions for taxi ramps and parking house is more or less in-place. Parking areas and metro stop would require some additional coding and of course creating artwork.

5 Likes

Yup, as Fredrik said it means that we have all necessary assets but not that we necessarily have hade the time to fully implement it yet.

Yeah, I’m a Disney nut.

Also, DME has luggage retrieval services

I was thinking about opening a new thread, but it still fit’s this topic in some way.

Just saw the gamplay video yesterday and I liked it. Good Job.

One part I don’t like that much is the road connection to the outside world. Is it planned to stay like this?

I would prefer a possibility to select some tiles at the border of the map to which the city would create a road connection. Only a few such tiles could be spread over the whole map border, meaning these are the places the city is able to build a road to for several reasons. From there you can start to build your airports road then. The same procedure could be used for other high capacity transportation systems like highways, subway or railroads.

Another thing is, will it be possible to move the areas where workers and goods arrive?

2 Likes

Even I had that idea in my mind. I don’t remember exactly but I think Airport Tycoon series had it this way. We can develop a custom terminal using this, where the arrival road doesn’t come straight instead in curves, matching to my airport design.

A 6 lane highway tile should be present at the border of map, from where I may choose to build a road of any width (lanes).

Having a an non-customisable main road is the only I don’t like in PA.

Current road structure will result in traffic jam when passengers arrive in thousands (unless smartly designed). And also, Devs, I didn’t notice a land buying option in the video. Is it there??

I think this should be included so passengers can get to terminal to terminal as fast as possible. I believe this would be great to include to make it seem as realistic as possible

Like the monorail at MCO?

Düsseldorf Has something similar

2 Likes

I would NEVER get on one of those trains…:scream:

Why not? They look quite cool! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I never said they didn’t look cool…:grinning: I just wouldn’t like hanging like that.

It’s German… what can happen? :wink: :de: :smiley: haha

3 Likes

I can smell some form of chauvinism out here… No no, just kidding! :stuck_out_tongue: