Large/XL stand usage(toggle) and taxiway usage. (Width restrictions)

Found this layout and Explanation for stands at AMS airport. I’ve quickly translated it and wanted to share it with the devs to give them some extra resources on markings and stand layouts. might help them add some details and upgrade the stands with new functions at a later stage.

Talking about a large stand: how about adding a toggle to large stands that determines if the XL jets (A380/B747) can use the large stand in question? Several airports I’ve been myself have assigned XL stands. And when the switch is set to ‘allow XL planes’ you can build a third jetway and maybe some extra XL-features.

This switch-function combined with a system for managing width restrictions on taxiways could make managing Airport traffic and pax movement way easier.

9 Likes

Really nice one. I am sure @Fredrik and @Olof will love it. The one thing I will say is that AMS stopped using second jetway over left wing.

2 Likes

that gate looks too risky like a wrong move with the jet way then no more wing

Talking about a large stand: how about adding a toggle to large stands that determines if the XL jets (A380/B747) can use the large stand in question? Several airports I’ve been myself have assigned XL stands. And when the switch is set to ‘allow XL planes’ you can build a third jetway and maybe some extra XL-features.

This switch-function combined with a system for managing width restrictions on taxiways could make managing Airport traffic and pax movement way easier.

1 Like

I agree with you there mate.
Does the A380 feel too small?

I made this post not too long ago, mentioning something like this. I reckon the jumbos should have a few extra requirements in order to fully appreciate their size.

@Olof @Fredrik First of all; Happy new Year!

Since I wasn’t sure if you had seen these or have made comments about something likewise: Might these features (XL toggle/features and width-restrictions on taxiways) be something you might be interested in for implementation in future versions?

width restrictions are also mentioned here: Allowed Aircraft Type on Taxiways - #10 by JWKIII
Would be very useful. Time to vote!

Sorry for the doublepost

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.