Let's Discuss: Aircraft

1: has to be the BA 146.

2: southwest airlines, just watch a timelapse of DAL.

3: any water landing plane. They are either really ugly or odd looking.

4: any A380

5: of course.

What is your favorite aircraft?

747-400 - The bigger the better from the imagination perspective. 737-800 for the practical purposesā€¦ bigger, faster, and a whole lot a powerā€¦ to quote my 13 year old son when he first flew this summer compared to an older 737-700 that was heavyā€¦ Now thatā€™s an airplane as the 800 throttled and put him back in his seat.

2. In your opinion, which airline best operates their aircraft?
Southwest - Keep it simple. 737s or nothing. Canā€™t wait to see the 737-800 Maxs start to enter their fleet.

3. Which aircraft is your least favorite?
Donā€™t have one reallyā€¦ airplanes fascinate me to no end.

4. What aircraft on which airline would you like to fly next?
Quantas A380 Luxury class from LA to Sydney wouldnā€™t be a bad rideā€¦ at like 20k per seatā€¦

5. (slightly off-topic) Do you like to fly on planes?
hellz yeah. Bucket list item is to have some sort of selfie/trinket from every major hub in the world before I die. Airports are simply amazing places, architecturally, culturally, economically, people watching, etc. Just love airports.

6: What aircraft do you want next in ACEO?
747s and A380s

1 Like
  1. My favourite aircraft is gotta be the A340-600.
  2. Ryanair or Southwest because only one type; consistency is power.
  3. Fokker F70.
  4. Iā€™d like to fly a Cathay Pacific B777 since Iā€™ve never flown on widebodies.
  5. Absolutely.
  6. For me, the bigger, the better. If I were to choose just one, maybe either a 747-8 or A340.

Oh, thatā€™s an old one coming up againā€¦ :smiley:

1. My favourite aircraft in general might be the A380; my favourite airplane in actual configuration Iā€™ve flown in is China Airlinesā€™ B777 which has a really great interior design.

2. Difficult question - does best mean best for passenger comfort? Best for earning money? Best in keeping it in good shape? One type fleet make operations flexible. On the airline side, Iā€™d also say Lufthansa handles their fleet well with very flexible changes depending on current bookings (which isnā€™t that much exciting for passengers if you often get new seats due to change to bigger/smaller airplane). On the passenger side Iā€™d guess the Japanese airlines (JAL, ANA) are doing a good job keeping it in good shape and offering 3 class layout even on short flights - although I havenā€™t tried them myself yet.

3. B787 with the electric window shades where you canā€™t keep out the sun completely. Very annoying. Besides that, I donā€™t really have least favourite aircraft but rather least favourite cabin layouts (besides LCC, all BA planes get top positions on my least favourite list).

4. Soon to fly EVA Air B777 which I always wanted to try. Besides, Qatarā€™s Qsuite is what I hope to try during the next years.

5. Definitely yes. I prefer flying on planes much more than flying without planes. :wink:

6. A350, B777, B787 would be nice for widebodies. 747 and A380 would be too big to handle for now and donā€™t have a great future anyways.

1 Like
  1. What is your favorite aircraft?
    As i kid i flew many times DC10 (Viasa) and MD11 (Swissair) for me the most beautifull aircrafts in the world
  2. In your opinion, which airline best operates their aircraft?
    Swiss, service, clean $ friendlyā€¦
  3. Which aircraft is your least favorite?
    A380, on a day fligth its to quiet that you hear all peoples talking
  4. What aircraft on which airline would you like to fly next?
    Helvetic from Bern, didnā€™t had chance to fly with Skywork so it must be Helvetic
  5. (slightly off-topic) Do you like to fly on planes?
    Hell yeah, and i like the small ones that you feel that you are up in the air, like my glacier landing with a PC6
1 Like