Lots of fps lag

Hi,
Would love to get into the game but it runs at like 12fps. I have a 1080 and a i7 so should be able to run it. It doesn’t matter which quality I put it on it still lags the same. Any ideas or fixes, I haven’t seen this reported on the forums so it might just be me.

2 Likes

i get that typically only in a fully functional airport with several large stands, when zoomed out fully? does it get better if you zoom in?

No it lags all the time, in the start menu, when starting a game and during the game.

i5 & gtx960
60fps all the time

i5 & gtx960
60fps all the time

It depends what you built. A municipal GA airstrip or a big international airport?

medium I guess,10 stand 2 runway
Still struggling to get everything works
but the point in this thread is he got a powerful machine but still experience lag

I will reinstall see what happens

I get it as well.

I can build a massive airport. 30 check-in stands, 10 bathrooms, 8 shops and food courts, etc etc etc, and it runs at around 60FPS. But as soon as I plop down more three or more medium stands, the frames drop to the low teens and mid-20’s. There is something resource intensive about those stands.

Rig:
i7 3930k SB OC’d to 5.1Ghz
GTX 980Ti
32GB RAM
Running on a SSD

Reinstalling didn’t work any other ideas??

must be only u mate I have an GTX850M and an i5 2,6 GHZ And I can run it on maxed out 1080P in 70 FPS also fully zoomed in and out and I have a quite big airport/Airlanda International Airport with over 15 medium stands approx and 10 small onces doe I can admit u will lose a couple of frames but nothing big. I only droped from 70FPS to 65FPS

Judging from what you and others have posted, it seems to run better on low-end systems.

Are you using the in-game FPS counter?

well im not using in game FPS counter I used Fraps and other software to measure that. It can be running badder on new end devices due to the graphics card is to powerfull for it maybe. @DetCord

There are some rendering optimization need to be done to enable larger airports. When you zoom out (especially at night as lights are really performance costly) it can kill the fps. For now you should be able to increase the fps by zooming in a bit more.

2 Likes

Understood. At least you guys are/will be working on it.

Are we expecting any update on the FPS Issue?

The latest updates contains many fixes which should improve rending fps issue (especially the fps drop at night). We have not done that much optimization when it comes to pathfinding yet.

O have a similar issue but it only lags in the flight planner. Less than 6fps when selecting a flight