Love the realisim - some ideas for additions as the game progresses

First of all - I want to thank the developers for not only being so communicative and responsive, but also for their attention to detail and realism. Never before have I made a suggestion on a forum, only to see it implemented within hours. That blew my mind. The scale of the simulation looks perfect. I know you’ve sized the aircraft down, but it still works well and looks normal.

Some suggestions for additions - likely after release:

1. Addition of ramp agents that guide the aircraft into the stand (except for GA flights). Aircraft are prohibited from entering the stand until there are three ground crew to guide the plane - one for each wing holding an L shape with their lighted battons, and one at the head of the stand guiding the aircraft to it’s stop position. Added gameplay here is that the CEO would need to ensure there were enough ground crew to undertake this. If crew are not in place , the aircraft would have to wait before entering the stand. This is the case IRL too.

2. Delink jetways from the stand and instead build stand alone jetways. My thinking here is that many smaller airports (such as in the Caribbean) use airstairs and not jetways. Jetways could be an upgrade. And if it was moduler designed, cold then link the jetway to the terminal in any number of configurations, including shared covered ramps. Maybe have a standard location on the stand the jetway connects, but from there, freeform drag and place the jetway.

3. Airside service additions - catering, de-icing, fire protection, snow clearing, debris clearing, anti bird measures. For de-icing, it is sometimes done at the stand, but often it is done at a separate de-icing facility where the aircraft taxis too enroute to the runway.

4. Multi level is a must and I know it is in the plans. I’d love to see this because I think it could work so well in this title. I envision a simple UI with floor number on the left side with a + above and below to add floors above or below. Visually areas not on the same level could be faded or grayed in some way. New pieces to allow cutting through the floor to create balconies, as we as new pieces to transition between floors would be needed (road ramps, elevators, stairs, escalators). Jetways could be limited to being attached on the 2nd and 3rd floors for realism. And the stand alone control towers could be replaced with building it using the floor features - adding offices.

5. Passenger side would love to see addition of hotel (maybe it’s a zone or you build the rooms and facilitates as part of the airport, then contract it out), or if too much, a single plop building.

6. One way roads. I’m hoping the developers can draw inspiration from Cities Skylines, which is also built in Unity, on how to path buses and cars along one-way road systems. I’m pretty sure Skylines uses A* path-finding. One-way roads would add to realism as airports normally have a one-way road in front of the terminal.

There’s lots more, but I’ll stop here.

Again, I’m excited for this title. I can spend hours just looking at the detail in the posted images and videos.

2 Likes

hey im afraid a lot of these have already been suggested and the devs have even said later in the game they will be implimented as for delink jetways there are the smaller stands for smaller aircraft and most likely it may be new but I’m sure you can but as for everything else that has been posted before please search before you post

https://forum.apoglabs.com/t/general-aviation-non-contracted-flights/648/14
https://www.airportceo.com/faq/
https://forum.apoglabs.com/t/minor-details-make-your-tiny-suggestions-here/634/146

I know some where posted before - I was expressing my compliments and adding my support for some ideas. I didn’t know I wasn’t allowed to post something if it had been said before!!

I won’t bother posting at all given that response!

bye

1 Like

look im not trying to say that its just if you do this some may think you did the original or something like that so were just if you want to support them goto the topics and support them there also a red flag making it look like your trying to make it your own is you posted in the ideas section

Hi,

Please use the search function for features that have been discussed in the past - the reason being is that with duplicate threads it clutters up the forum.

Just wanted to let you know that even though this got locked and I agree with that since we can’t have 100 threads that all make “random” suggestions as it would be impossible for us as developers to go through, I still read your suggestions and want to thank you for those and for the support!

Please don’t stop posting here, just make sure that you post each suggestion in its appropriate thread and if you can’t find one then it is time to create a new one. Thanks again!

1 Like