Map biomes

Feature request title:

Map biomes

Description:

Now, when you choose a location for your airport its always a plain with some trees. This would change it. Based on geography and on where you put your airport on the map, you would get a specific biome for that location. For example: plain for Western Europe and North America, forest for Scandinavia, desert for North Africa or the UAE, savana for South Africa, jungle for Central Africa and South America, always snowy plain for Russia and etc. Weather and daytime would change too, like you wont get much rain in desert, lots of snow in Russia and none in the UK (kappa). For daytime, you would get polar nights and days in Scandinavia. A lot of rain in jungle. Seasons would also adjust accordingly.

Why it should be implemented:

Extra realism, more distinct features and would just look awesome

Images, references or additional content:

3 Likes

Developers need a source for this. For example a full HD downloadable World Map with these informations.

1 Like

There are plenty of good maps on the internet. For temperatures and biomes. It doesnt have to be 100% correct, but we can genaralize it.

2 Likes

Then it can be done. When you start the game, it already knows lattitude and longitude of airport so if game contract that info with that map it can generate soil, vegetation or maybe even weather and sunset sundown times.

I like it :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Exactly what Im talking about. I would definetly build my airport in a desert or in Russian tundra. It can tie in with various weather features. We even already have seasons, so it could work with that.

3 Likes

We also talked in the past about land featutes. I.e. population centers, mountains, hills, river, etc.

1 Like

This sounds like a really good idea and I’m definitely going to vote for it when the votes open!

3 Likes

Lets try this again, who knows, maybe it could help summer charter flights one day…

Has this not been implemented?

1 Like

Charters, in a way, but they are not really season bound. Biomes have not been implemented yet, I think there were some weather changes to geographycal location, but the map itself still looks visually the same, only the grass plain with some trees. I would like to see something more extreme, like desert, tundra and such, heck maybe even a sea or a river?

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.