Map Loading Stuck on 'Updating Grid'

I just realized, its a hidden directory.

Make sure your search does search System Files and Hidden Files.

Right, give me a sec

Just to be sure; did you move your “Personal Files” with an enterprise installer, or similar pro installer, to another partition as, the windows system drive?

Or, to go deep, is that on a (virtual) network share somewhere? in other words, is it a personal system, or work system? Windows has so many options… :wink:

1 Like

Update 1: I found it
2: Lemme ask my dormmate, he’s the one who did it because, and very clearly lol, I’m not as tech savvy as he is

1 Like

When found, right click the file; “open file location”.

1 Like

Did that, and now it’s on the path that you first brought up, what should I move into a new folder, and where should I move it back when I’m done?

1 Like

Just an idea, go to the “top folder” for the map you found, were you see all your save names listed.

Copy it to somewhere else, i.e.; OLD SAVES, on your desktop.

Then do the reinstall and cleaning like olof said.

Then make a testgame, save it.

Search the JSON again.

Go to the top map again, copy back in all files from the OLD SAVES folder.

1 Like

Let me add; I would not copy in / out saves while the game is running.

1 Like

It’s not running, so that’s that
By cleaning, what do I need to clean per se

I would start by uninstalling the game, I think its normal to do that from steam, but I think you can do that from Programs in Control Panel too.

Keep the map open were you have copied away the saves.

Then when steam / programs has finished, erase everything in the map you are in, but then everything under “Airport CEO”, like all folders.

Then do a reboot of your system.

1 Like

As someone who has done a lot of troubleshooting on Windows Systems;

After reboot, you could run CrapCleaner on your system.

Both the cleaner, as the register cleaner (make a backup, when CCleaners asks you to).

If dedicated, go for another reboot (I would, to much horror stories with windows computers)

Then reinstall the game from Steam.

Edit; run CCleaner in default settings, its good enough.

1 Like

Did all of that, ran CCleaner, imported the old save, aaaaand no change

@Olof seems something is up :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, I’m sorry, I don’t really know. We currently don’t have any other reports on this so it’s definitely something local, especially since it was working before you moved the machine. Other than completely purging the game files and removing mods I don’t have any ideas on how to move forward. Is your GPU correctly plugged in? No settings change related to the amount of dedicated VRAM?

1 Like

Yes, and no. I can’t exactly unplug my GPU without completely disassembling the iMac, so,
I’ll give another map a shot for now, thanks for the help so far

1 Like

I must have misunderstood you then, this is only related to one save? You can load other saves fine and start new airports?

1 Like

I haven’t exactly tested this but let me give it a shot

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.