MINOR DETAILS: Make your tiny suggestions here!

If we ever got a way to zone our terminals for specific people, the HR Director should be able to assign better people to zones that require more too.

Hi All, 1st post

Just want to say this game is amaze-balls having played it for 5 days straight with 2 runways and 19 stands peaking just under 2000 pax. With the new update, the dev have defo taking on aboard ideas so here is mine:

1. ID centre for staff to get id before working at the airport
  • build an id centre with a staff memeber handing paperwork
  • contractors having to get passes too
  1. selecting zones to which staff are to work
  • some are just roaming around airport which is annoying when you have 2 terminals
  1. 45 deg taxiways/roads to make traffic flow smooth

2. long term contracts (5-30 days) to renew if a certain sales figures are achieved.
    -more sales, lower rent cost for the next month

3. flight planner

• button to cancel all flights on day (only if autosch is off)
  • total cost/profit display on flight planner
  • gate/stand info
  1. text
    -it is small to read if the text if too much

Still enjoying the game and forums had alot going on which is great !

YB

Solution for #6: I believe you can alter the scaling of the UI interface to increase text size. It should be in the Display Settings. I’m not sure if you can do it through the game menu, or have to be in a save, but I find it better to scale it while in a loaded game to see the changes.

Airports work great in real life. But in real life airlines have hubs. If we could have special contracts to hub an airline, for long term. Those couple of game years you can have a nice well paying airport. Players could hub a regional airline, like horizon in real life. Hub a major airline, like Alaskan. Or hub an airline like delta, and get both kinds of gates. This with an addition of check-in desk and gates reserved for certain airlines, would allow for customization, and more flights, consistently coming from a couple airlines, would make the game nicer and more realistic.

I know that the idea of dedicating airlines, to gates has been brought up before, this added with hub bing would be cool. Like I would be able to make a terminal just for a couple of airlines, or hub one airline in a terminal.

This idea would require changes. For every gate, check-in desk, baggage bay, and baggage carousel, players should be able to chose which airlines, can use them. An airline can not have any flights if they do not have each.

For this idea you should probably add:

-I would also like to see boarding desk being able to be shared for small gates only.

-a predestined baggage carousel, which has a slider to change length and width. That looks like those at IRL airports.

-Pre-determined, baggage bays, gates, service vehicles, check-in desk which players can change airlines, using a check box system like that of those for employee lounges.

-hub contracts: giving player some cash to get the terminals and gates ready for them to hub.

-Airport staff with designated airline focuses, which can be set for certain airlines.

-a new flight planner interface. Once played decide what airlines to get a contract with, they will then go and dedicate equipment and employees as they see fit. Once an airline has everything it needs in the aiport. The players click what gate they want.
-gates have been pre-designated, so by clicking on the gate, you
See only the airlines for that gate. Then the interface works like it
does now

-hub connections, that go through the airlines which have a hub contract with you.

• bus stands that will connect passengers between terminals, with an ability to set up routes and dedicate busses to them.

-tunnels of service vehicles to get under runways, so terminals can be not connected to the main part of the airport, and be across a runway from one another.

Not sure what this type and name of the remote stand, but I am suggesting it to be implemented.
It has taxiway lines on the front and back of the remote stand. No need for push back, it just needs to taxi forward for departure. It will still need a road as well as terminal access via bus and.
Photo from Miniatur Wunderland, Germany.

IMG_7839

Push back truck in ACEO are very slow … we need this

One of these should be good

Moving walkways were built at one point and they posted a tweet about it. For some reason it has never appeared in game. I would LOVE these as I like expansive airports.

Correct. They are suspended due to performance and pathfinding issues

You said alot of good ideas but even the ability to have more flights from a specific airline would be a great start to creating a hub. You can barely fill 3-4 stands with one airline with the 50 flight max you have now.

I already see the airplane lights that are already implemented in an Airbus A320 (as well as other jet planes). But I have suggestions to add other types of airplane lights for a specific function.

This video will give you the guide on airplane lights:
Youtube channel: Captain Joe

What will be a suggestion for implementation:

• Wing scan lights
  • Logo lights

Why should it be implemented?
So that it will increase realism.

What should be implemented:

• Thrust reversers animation (the effects on a wet runway also)
  • Spoilers animation

SPOILERS
10858212153_12b0c00445_b

THRUST REVERSERS
maxresdefault

Why should it be implemented:
To increase realism

Others:
Different planes have their own type of thrust reversers and spoilers, but what I’ve shown are Airbus A320s. Light planes and medium planes have their own specific type.

I think from top view, both lights and wing animations would be hard to be seen.

Is it me or did anyone notice the flaps were extended when the plane is taxing for takeoff?

:smiley:

Yep. I think it is there for a code simplicity thing. I don’t see why it couldn’t be changed to when plane reaches holding point.

We should have three types of takeoff:

• Line up and takeoff
  • Normal takeoff
  • Immediate takeoff

Some footages:

Line up and takeoff (skip to 13:00)
ATC gives the aircraft the permission to line up. Aircraft stops on the runway, waits for takeoff clearance from ATC, after which the pilot spools the engines up, and takes off.

Normal takeoff (skip to 3:00)
ATC gives the aircraft the permission for cleared takeoff. Aircraft taxis to the runway, after having received the takeoff clearance, will soon take off.

Immediate takeoff
ATC gives the aircraft the permission for cleared immediate take off. Aircraft taxis to the runway, immediately spools up the engines, and immediately takes off with neither stop nor standby.

Reason for implementation:
To increase runway usage (for immediate takeoff) and realism

Hey guys, just wanted to say what a great job yall have done with bug fixes since the release of the game. I remember the days when it was time to expand the airport and boom!!! the FPS dropped to 2-3. I have recently built a pretty good sized airport… 4 small stands for GA, 6 small stands for contract flights, and added on a terminal with 4 medium sized stands for contracted flights. I could probably drop the passengers per flight but I noticed my frames were down to 6-8 fps. I have a very updated rig, so i will tweak some options and see if I can get it back to normal fps.

ADDITIONAL FEATURES TO EXPAND OPTIONS FOR AIRPORT TYPE, SIZE, FUNCTIONS, AND MANAGEMENT.

1. Have you guys thought about adding a CARGO STORAGE? This adds the aspect of creating a cargo airport. This should also come with additional contracts for company’s similar to Fedx, UPS, and DHL. Have three different sizes to match the needs for your airport. You can still have a passenger airport and have cargo strorage.
  2. COLD STORAGE- This could be used for additional income as well as Cargo Storage. This should be a requirement for certain Airlines. Have 3 different sizes that grow with your airport.
  3. Actually have a building for the TURNAROUND service. Have 3 different sizes for this as well. This should be customizeable to have different contract types for different airlines or have all turnarounds have the same contract.
  4. More buildings should be able to be placed on the Passenger arrival side of the terminal. There should be ADMIN buildings that need to be built to handle contracts. The more contracts you have the more admin buildings you may need. Have three different sizes for this as well for each one can process more contracts than the previous version.
  5. Have LONG and SHORT stay parking garages with AMTRAC type transfer service to the terminal. This will add functionality to the arrival side, add a source of income, and strategic planning for constructing the AMTRAC Railway and arrival and departure station within the terminal.
  6. Maybe think about having HOTEL contracts to surround the passenger arrival side. This brings in more contracts, which means more admin buildings, and also brings in more tourist and revenue.
  7. Make it mandatory to have a FIRESTATION and POLICE Station… The FIRESTATION should be connected to a service road that has access to the runway and taxi ways. The POLICE STATION will keep crime and terror threats down and also make the passengers feel more comfortable with their airport and flying experience.
  8. AIRPORT MAINTENANCE and AIRPLANE MAINTENANCE. Have these two separate buildings to cut down on time and cost of maintenance. AIRPLANE MAINTENANCE should basically be a hangar that planes roll into when in need of repairs. AIRPORT MAINTENANCE Should provide a building to hold service repairmen and Service vehicles.
  9. Must have OFFICES for each Executive. There also needs to be more custom features as far as furniture, art, doors, door types, the food areas should transform the look like the company of the contract you sign (coffee shop should look like a coffee shop and a bar should look like a bar), add moving walkways, paging service, terminal labeling, the more you can customize the better.

10… the fps later in games… if there has to be a complete overhaul to fix this and change the initial scripting or type of programming that actually slows the game down… then it should be done on the side as a huge update/roll out. To make this game last through the ages and to be able to be forever updated this is the number one fix. If i cant build a super international airport like D/FW International and have to settle for a Love Field type, I will forever be Dissatisfied. ( on that thought… the area you select for your airport should have a level showing the likelihood of domestic, international, cargo, and tourist traffic that would be possible through the airport). But please, no matter what the cost is, you need to reconfigure the game to fix the issue. The income you have coming from the game might be nice for now… but to make it last… this has to be resolved… or if you have to come out with AIRPORT CEO 2 with everything fixed. I would love to be a part of that team. I have certifications that may qualify for a position.

Thank you for the game and keep up the hard work. There are people out there that makes this airports a hobby not just a game so keep that in mind.

Brandon Frazier

I was wondering if it is feasible to make a sizeable airport that functions with some of the relaxed feels of a GA airport. (lax security, walking across the parking ramp, etc)

As far as I’ve seen, passengers do not get out of their GA airplanes. Would it be possible to make a small GA destination airport, like those famous for “the $100 hamburger”?

Make a to be procured white / red listing tool for stands.

Allow me, as a CEO, to appoint certain airlines to certain stands, so, when in Flight planner, just some stands will light up when dragging in flight. A auto filter per airline would be even more cool.

Add a “do allow X hour delay” to each stand list too pls :wink:

I completely agree with this, It would be very useful to be able to assign airlines to stands! Thanks!