MINOR DETAILS: Make your tiny suggestions here!

Can we please get alerts on staff shortages, maybe something with a delayed alert, like, if it is there for an hour or something?

I also think it could be nice to assign certain employees to areas of the airport or even to certain jobs, like, these 4 security staff take care of this shift at this station and these 4 the next shift etc.

I also think it could be nice to assign certain employees to areas of the airport or even to certain jobs, like, these 4 security staff take care of this shift at this station and these 4 the next shift etc.

Devs said that they will renew the job system so lets hope to see something like this :blush:

Can we get a PRIO list for departing / arriving with landing strips on it.

Like this;

DEPART (MEDIUM)

• AIRSTRIP 1 - MOVE DOWN
  • AIRSTRIP 2 - MOVE UP / MOVE DOWN
  • AIRSTRIP 3 - MOVE UP

ENTREE (MEDIUM)

• AIRSTRIP 3 - MOVE DOWN
  • AIRSTRIP 2 - MOVE UP / MOVE DOWN
  • AIRSTRIP 1 - MOVE UP

Suggestions for a distant future of Airport CEO

Jasper do you have example image? I found nothing on internet

Would this do? :stuck_out_tongue:

This is a prio-list for devices, I want one for runways, for each plane type.

So yesterday I said that it would be nice to assign employees to certain staff rooms or jobs, however, today I realized how useful it would really be. A lot of people have been mentioning that planes leave late, sometimes because just one passenger hasn’t boarded, I think I know why, it seems that with big airports, (at least in mine) airport staff are taking really long to reach the boarding desks and then boarding the passengers only 30-20 in game minutes before departure, which really isn’t enough. I am going to try experimenting with having multiple staff rooms closer to the gates and see what happens.

I like the current baggage bay option, but I would love some addition options. I think it would be nice to have a “Departures Only” baggage bay, meaning its the portion of the bay that would connect to the screening machines/check-in desks. Then you have another bay for all the arrivals, which you could place at a different location of the terminal, reducing conveyor belt time and hassle with routing. I know many airports in the U.S. do it like that (at least all the ones I have collected baggage at). These airports literally have the baggage truck pull up to the terminal exterior wall, which it the wall shared with baggage claim, and just unload on the baggage claim belt mere meters away from the passengers.

I agree, it would make things a lot easier, sometimes I have to create ridiculously long routes to avoid both conveyors from crossing over, maybe with the multiple floors we will be able to have the arrival and departure belts on different floors so they can cross each other.

Build 4 way crosses :wink:

The south > north lane is incoming baggage

The east > west lane is outgoing baggage.

I like the current baggage bay option, but I would love some addition options. I think it would be nice to have a “Departures Only” baggage bay, meaning its the portion of the bay that would connect to the screening machines/check-in desks. Then you have another bay for all the arrivals

I also support this idea. Even with multiple floors feature this idea will have more important role like placing arrivals bay to close to claim areas or placing bays strategically to prevent traffic.

Build 4 way crosses :wink:

OR we can have multifloor-compatible baggage belts so belts can cross with each other @jasperwillem :wink:

It would also be interesting to have irregular shaped bags such as as skis where claims are vertical like this.
download

That would be fun, and depending on the airport location, they would be used more or less! For example, an airport near or in Salt Lake City during the winter would be almost always using these, while one in south america would practically never need them. However, I believe we need to wait for the Devs to overhaul the season and weather system first.

Having standby stands for flights with an occupied gate (or maybe in the future for diversions/emergency flights to use?!) would be cool as well! Probably been mentioned but oh well this thread is 553 messages alone :joy:

One-way doors. Can help control passenger flow.

Half walls
There is could be used for design and anything else that comes to mind.

Holes in walls
The holes in the walls is mainly for baggage claim. The bags come through a hole in the wall and end up on the conveyer belt. I think it would add more detail if we could do that. An image can be found below to give you an idea.

Not my image

It’s a neat idea, but you can pretty much replicate that conveyor-belt design by having the belt pop underground for one tile.

|   
>>>D>>>
   |   

Where "D" is the underground belt and > is regular belt

From top down view, holes in walls will be barely seen so I think it is unnecessary.

Did not think about that sorry.