I think it is time to start killing off a few darlings, which (in my opinion at least) does not contribute very much to the gameplay:
– The spam e-mails (I have never understood this feature)
– The turning on/off airport features such as opening and closing the airport, security, fuel type etc. I can’t see why I would ever want to have any of these options turned off if I have build the appropriate building for it. Today it is only something I forget to do and waste precious (in game-) time and money wondering why my security checkpoints doesn’t work. And I alway forget to open the airport when starting a new game. If some people like to micro manage these things, perhaps, for example, security should be automatically turned on when I build the check point and I can turn it off if I have to in the future. (The game is in general very inconsistent in what needs to be actively opened or turned on after it’s been constructed. Everything should be open/on by default.)
– Signing contracts. Signing air service contracts make sense I suppose, but construction and fuel has very little strategising to it. I always just pick one in the beginning of the game and then that contract just sticks for all time. There is very little (if any) consequence in changing.
– Re-signing food and store contracts. Instead of having to redo these contract every X days, perhaps let them go on and if you want to change you can either cancel the contract immediately (with penalty) or cancel and wait a few days before signing a new one. Often now the contract runs out without me knowing about it and the store has been empty for several days.
– I don’t know if this is a feature or a bug, but it is very annoying that you can’t connect new boarding-gates, baggage bays, bus-depots, etc to an aircraft stand without having to cancel all flights to that stand (or as long as there are planes in the world connected to that stand). I suppose this may have to do with developing issues rather than being a game design decision since it is possible to repair and upgrade a stand without closing it.
– The flickering “Departures”-display style start menu. I know many love this, and I also think it is kind of cool, but it flickers from start, and you have to wait for the animation to play before you can read the menu options. And if you accidentally hover over an option the flicker animation plays again and…aaah!
Hope this has not come off as too negative. I really love the game and these changes would make me love it even more Keep up the awesome work!