Modding on a Mac

Good afternoon. Hope everyone has had a swell weekend.

I have been starting to move all my mods & such over to my iMac for a few reasons.

1. My iMac is more powerful than the windows laptop I was using before.
  2. My PhotoShop is on my Mac. (Before, when I was creating my mods, I would create all liveries on my mac, email them to myself, create the .json files and create my mods, send them to ACEOMM).

So, that process wore me down a bit and I knew that I needed to switch. The problem was I know that the file explorer library was different on Mac and I knew that it wasn’t as straight forward as modding is on a PC. So I present to you my problem:

Where on the iMac should I go to create my mod folders for ACEO? On the PC I would simply have steam take me to my local files and put in any folders that I created. However, when I do that on Mac it brings me to the ACEO folder, but instead of having a normal ACEO file folder I simply have an ACEO icon that will start the game.

I know that there are a couple who have modded on Macs here on the forum and wanted to pick your guys’ brains on this topic. In the meantime, I’ll keep on, keepin’ on.

Update: I found it. You have to right click on the ACEO icon & click “Unpackage Contents”

1 Like

If there’s ever anything I can help with Mac related just give me a shout and I’ll help my best.

I appreciated it. I think keeping this thread open too might be a good idea for current or new Mac users. Things just a bit different with the iMac.

Hope to get all my mods moved over by the end of tonight then I can get back to modding more frequently like I had been a few weeks ago.

1 Like

Yeah, not as easy as using MM but I’ve been modding since day one on fleets and country related service industries etc.

In fact, just finishing up my latest livery :yum:

I also made a short cut to it to as I found it tedious going through all of the folder levels and then opening the contents off…

2 Likes

Where have I gone wrong? The airline doesn’t seem to show in game

Probably something simple that I’ve missed?

Not from the screenshots that i can see.
Can you show your Air New Zealand.json?

1 Like

11%20PM
@pderuiter

Rename the fleet to ATR72 And A320

1 Like

What Guusje2 said.
The fleet should only contain the ingame names of aircraft. So ATR72 and A320 in your case.
The game will check all sub folders automatically to find the corresponding liveries

Yeah, there’s an issues with how the game interprets file names sometimes. I bug hunted at my end hours on that one.

imageimageimage
:+1::wink::joy:

LOL, :rofl:

I’ve used countless OS’s over the years, each has their own strong and weak points. I’ve given up these days trying comparing one over the other. Use what you feel most comfortable with and that works for you is the only advice I give now. Same with cameras, use one you know how to use :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed :+1:

1 Like

I have both Windows & MacOS installed on my iMac, so I’ve got the best of both worlds.