Multi-Level Extensible Cargo Bay Baggage Handling Setup

Yesterday I had the stupid/smart (not sure what it was…) idea of resolving the crossing problem with a baggage carousel - a circle of baggage belt with several tilt trays in every direction as exit. All incoming baggage would go somewhere onto the carousel and should then take the right exit to go on.
Unfortunately it seems the pathfinding system couldn’t get along with this, all baggage stopped once it got onto any tilt tray (even outside of the carousel). Probably because there’s not just one single correct way but an unlimited number (going around the carousel as long as you want).

I’ve worked with caroussel like builds before to make arriving and departing bags pass the same security scanners. Didn’t have problems. I’ll build one on a recent build again and see if i have it now.

Just had evrything working with a loop situation. Can you show your setup so we can see if there’s a construction error @Gerwanese ?

In my recent game I’ve removed it because of the problems, but if I remember tommorow I could change it back to the loop.
I guess you’ve set all the tilt trays to “to destination” (default setting)? When I set them to specific directions, all baggage moved on but many bags ended up at the wrong place.

When you set directions it alternates between them without looking at destinations.

Can you please post a screenshot of the build? I would like to see how it works.

Here you get some screenshots. Actual distance between first and second screenshot is much further, but just straight line so that shouldn’t matter.

First image shows connection to baggage bays (on top). Second the underground part towards baggage claim and scanners.

In the original setup it got stuck travelling both ways.
How, after I rebuilt the small circle in the second picture, the green way is working perfectly. However the red line is where everything gets stuck (as you can see with all the luggage waiting on the top 4 tilt trays).

Probably before it didn’t work because I had connected the baggage claim areas not to the lower right corner of the circle but to the lower left corner (which meant the luggage travelling the green way had to make a decision there as well).

1 Like

Okay, in this rebuilt version some of the directions inside the circle are wrong, obviously that’s the problem here. However I’m pretty sure in the original setup it didn’t happen (I checked that many times).