[Already Implemented] Multi Livery Support

A lot of airlines at times have special liveries to commemorate special events or people/places or just variations of their standard liveries.

While this can be undertaken by using separate contracts with the special liveries it would be much more easier to one contract and that spawn at random different liveries from a selection within the livery files.

Yep. :+1:

Also I would like to make a way to mark a livery as “special” or “regular”. Special livery will spawn once. Regular will spawn with all aircrafts.

6 Likes

Oh yeah and it would make modders life so much easier! Just run in my lates mod (Arkia) on that topic too where each A321 and (ACEO-Future?) E195 have different Liveries… So needed to setup 3 contracts…

Also it is not fun modding some Real Airlines like Arkia where all planes are different (NOK Air for example)

And we can avoid also some circumstances that happen when users subscribe to many mods or big mods!

I guess in a second step would be great that there is a definition inside each liverydata.json how often a livery appears

7 Likes

Yesss please

3 Likes

Just add your vote Nace. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love it, it gets a vote from me!

2 Likes

An other idea i had this days was, that we modders can set fleetsize of a airline in the json and connect that field to liveries
For example:
Airline has 10 A320 and 2 of them with special livery. So the contract will give you max of available fligths of 10 fligths per a time (per day?) if all 10 planes land at the same time on your airport, 2 of them will have the special livery

In my eyes with this option we can mod more real and users can have more contracts and more deversity on their airport per day

5 Likes

I’ve also suggested this as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

I actually had such an idea back in time. On json files if # of fleet was set to 10, flight planner wouldn’t offer 11th flights for a day. If new game day starts but that day already have 10 repetitive flights from previous day, then 11th flight wouldn’t be offered as well.

2 Likes

It seems it is not comming on Alpha 36

1 Like

Jsut saw an other airline to mod that needs urgently Mulit Livery Support. Else there never will be Nok Air on ACEO because it does not make sense to mod them…

1 Like

I’m also missing the multiple livery feature as I do not like having several contracts for the same airline just to have a variation in liveries. So at the moment, I only have the “standard” liveries at my airports.

However, I can understand, that this feature is not top priority right now. Nevertheless, I hope that it will be back latest at the V1.0 release.

In addition to that, I would really like to see some features especially for modded airlines, like defining countries of operation for example.

2 Likes

I mean, this cant be that hard to implement, I think.

1 Like

It was implemented at one time, and then broke due to other reasons relating to, but not just memory usage. I would love to have it back in-game again with a few optimisations also suggested here.

2 Likes

I think 43 votes speaks for itself.

I think 43 votes speaks for itself.

There are some other suggestions with double or even triple amounth of upvotes. However I think these kinds of non game breaking bugs can be fixed out on Beta stage.

So no need to rush :slight_smile:

1 Like

Reviving this topic. We need Multi Livery Support!!!

4 Likes

we have a lot of planned mods on hold cause missing Multi Livery Support :frowning: but yeah, when it comes to beta, i guess we gonna get the feature again :+1:

3 Likes

A lot of liverys are presented in airlines and I have to open a lounge in the airport for a livery :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I can’t believe that I haven’t given vote to this feature :smiley:

This and “Code Based Modding Improvements” would bring so much opportunities to the game :wink:

2 Likes