Multi-use Gates?

Do Gates like this exist in the real world? If so, is there any possible way that we could have some for the game? This is the thought process of only using large stands to accommodate small medium and large aircraft.

2 Likes

Yes. A few airports in Canada (Ottawa and Pearson to name a few) have gates with similar setups; not exactly how you’ve drawn but very similar. Usually these gates lack bridges for wing clearance on the smaller aircraft turning on startup. I like this idea.

My plan would have utilized the LARGE stands so the jetbridge could still be on the stand but not used for planes like that.

I think Olof mentioned somewhere that it is currently impossible to combine medium stands and large stands as 1 gate (which can serve 2 medium airplanes or 1 large airplane at the same time). So I think same rule applies for small and medium combined stands.

1 Like

Again, I stated that it could be a LARGE STAND thing, so as to combine them all into one stand… I ALSO was not mentioning putting 2 medium stands into 1 large one, it was geared torwards the fact that medium planes WILL use Large stands.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.