Multiple Boarding Busses

I would like to see the addition of either a large shuttle bus stop or the ability to assign multiple shuttle bus stops to a stand. This would help with the boarding process for large aircraft whereas instead of one bus loading while another waits, both can board at the same time.

6 Likes

Agree on that. Meanwhile we also need arrival and departure separated apron bus stops too.

8 Likes

I also wish we could get a large shuttle bus stop. The best thing you can do is increase boarding desks for large remote stands. For example I have 2 boarding desks connected to 2 shuttle bus stops connected to one large stand. That’s the best I can get out of it

1 Like

Totally agree with this, a standard cobus vehicle used airside can generally fit 80 people on, though airlines, or rather, the passenger handling teams will cram over 100 on them. I’ve seen teams fit a full B757 onto two buses, with the second half full.

Must be cosy.

But agree - multiple coaches with a capacity (based on 100% pax ratio, and reduced as per the gameplay settings) is a nice to have.

Can’t you assign multiple stops already? I always have two stops for large gates.

Can’t you assign multiple stops already? I always have two stops for large gates.

It is true. A bit tricky but you can use 2 departure bus stops with multiple boarding desks to be able to use 2 busses for boarding passengers.

Tricky? Just normal two bus gates but assigned to the same gate.
But I’ve never tried that with medium stands.

I think the suggestion is more relating to the capacity of the buses and realism of that.

Let’s not forget though in the real world, commonly airports will only have about 1 coaching gate for 2-3 remote stands. That is assuming arrivals have their own drop off area and the coaching gates are flexible. There are of course exceptions such as airports where pax are shuttled to a remote terminal area by bus as mentioned in other suggestions.

I do think the multiple trips/number of buses is a great idea, but think it would be a real head ache to get right and make it user friendly.

Maybe once a bus is full to capacity e.g. 80-90 (assuming 100% ratio is set in gameplay) it leaves the gate/bay and a second one is sent? If none available then the same one comes back for the rest?

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.